Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

About my son update on comment 12

Posted by on May. 1, 2012 at 2:27 AM
  • 18 Replies
  • 404 Total Views
1 mom liked this
I figured this was the easiest way to let you all know. Start a new post, so it don't get lost in the other one. Lol

He was on his way home when his uncle saw him and brought him home. His story is that he was in the woods the whole time. I held him for several minutes. He smelled too clean to have been in the woods in 80+ degree weather for 2 days. So as soon ai had a minute where no one would overhear, I told him I have been where he's at. (I was a repeat runaway) I told him that I knew he wouldn't tell where he was. He said he would never tell. I told him if he EVER felt like he had to get away for a while, please just call me. I promised him that no matter where I was or what I was doing, I would be there. He promised he would never do it again. I am hoping that him seeing his house and yard full of people searching for him and his picture all over facebook, knocked some sense into him. I am going to wait a few days, and try to talk to his mom and see if she will let me pick him up and maybe take him out to eat or something, and let me talk to him. But since I did tell her that he had expressed an interest in coming to live with me, I am not sure that she will be okay with that. I can only hope.

I just want to thank you all again. For your prayers and support. I think this pain was worse than the last visit 14 years ago. At least then I could comfort myself with the fact that he was being taken care of. The last day and a half were torture, not knowing where he was. And when I saw him get out of the truck perfectly safe, I had to bend over double and take deep breaths to keep from paying out or throwing up! I even called my Mama to apologize for my teen years!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 1, 2012 at 2:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
2jeffsmom
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2012 at 8:32 AM

Oh, I can imagine the thoughts going through your head, when he was missing. I'm sure it was torture. Are you still wound up? The idea of a bath and glass of wine is very good advise. Take a lot of deep breathes, to make up for your breath holding!

vampporcupine
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2012 at 9:04 AM
I'm so glad he was found safe.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ltucutie
by Member on May. 1, 2012 at 9:22 AM

I'm so glad that he was found safe and sound.  I can only imagine the thoughts going through your mind after that.  The things I get to look forward to with my son is that age.

frustrated

Vikki77
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2012 at 10:09 AM
I rarely drink and when I do it's a wine cooler. But I was so tempted to buy some strong stuff yesterday and Sunday. Very hard 31 hours. I an slowly calming down, but I have a feeling I'm going to keep writing that it will happen again. My mom always told me I would get it back.

Quoting 2jeffsmom:

Oh, I can imagine the thoughts going through your head, when he was missing. I'm sure it was torture. Are you still wound up? The idea of a bath and glass of wine is very good advise. Take a lot of deep breathes, to make up for your breath holding!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Vikki77
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2012 at 10:10 AM
Thank you so much. You helped me a lot in those hours. And it means the world to me.

Quoting vampporcupine:

I'm so glad he was found safe.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Vikki77
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2012 at 10:11 AM
I truly hope you never have to go through that. I will pray none of my friends do.

Quoting ltucutie:

I'm so glad that he was found safe and sound.  I can only imagine the thoughts going through your mind after that.  The things I get to look forward to with my son is that age.

frustrated

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gwen72
by Member on May. 1, 2012 at 10:45 AM

OMG!  I've been working like crazy the last several days and my son has been sick so I have not checked in here for a while.  I'm sorry that you went through this.  I'm so glad your son was found safe and is back home now though.

Vikki77
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2012 at 10:46 AM
Thank you.

Quoting Gwen72:

OMG!  I've been working like crazy the last several days and my son has been sick so I have not checked in here for a while.  I'm sorry that you went through this.  I'm so glad your son was found safe and is back home now though.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ceejay1_iz_back
by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:02 AM

VIKKI, I am so thrilled he is back home:)  I had every single faith that it would be no other way...HUGS to you and your children.  I cannot imagine the  horror of possibly losing him a 2nd time, and I hope you NEVER have to feel this pain again  :(  I am sorry you had to go through this!  Many Blessings, oh yeah you so desrve that "stiff dri

Vikki77
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2012 at 11:06 AM
Thank you! I probably should have had a stuff drink or 2, but I refrained. Lol I am just so happy he is back home. And I hope his mom doesn't stop contact since I told her he had asked to move in with me. I am going to wait a few days and ask her if I can pick him up for a while, to talk to him. I've never had him alone, so I don't know...

Quoting ceejay1_iz_back:

VIKKI, I am so thrilled he is back home:)  I had every single faith that it would be no other way...HUGS to you and your children.  It surely must be horrific to realize that possibly losing them a 2nd is right in front of your very eyes:(  I am sorry you had to go through this!  Many Blessings, oh yeah you so desrve that "stiff drink"! 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)