Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

About my son update on comment 12

Posted by   + Show Post
I figured this was the easiest way to let you all know. Start a new post, so it don't get lost in the other one. Lol

He was on his way home when his uncle saw him and brought him home. His story is that he was in the woods the whole time. I held him for several minutes. He smelled too clean to have been in the woods in 80+ degree weather for 2 days. So as soon ai had a minute where no one would overhear, I told him I have been where he's at. (I was a repeat runaway) I told him that I knew he wouldn't tell where he was. He said he would never tell. I told him if he EVER felt like he had to get away for a while, please just call me. I promised him that no matter where I was or what I was doing, I would be there. He promised he would never do it again. I am hoping that him seeing his house and yard full of people searching for him and his picture all over facebook, knocked some sense into him. I am going to wait a few days, and try to talk to his mom and see if she will let me pick him up and maybe take him out to eat or something, and let me talk to him. But since I did tell her that he had expressed an interest in coming to live with me, I am not sure that she will be okay with that. I can only hope.

I just want to thank you all again. For your prayers and support. I think this pain was worse than the last visit 14 years ago. At least then I could comfort myself with the fact that he was being taken care of. The last day and a half were torture, not knowing where he was. And when I saw him get out of the truck perfectly safe, I had to bend over double and take deep breaths to keep from paying out or throwing up! I even called my Mama to apologize for my teen years!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 1, 2012 at 2:27 AM
Replies (11-18):
ceejay1_iz_back
by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:30 AM

***sorry***, for ALL my typos,lol!  My computer is acting up again...damn thing,UGH!

Vikki77
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2012 at 12:32 PM
I am so ANGRY!!! I am going to his house tomorrow to talk to his mom I am going to explain my teen years to her in the hours that she will let me take him out to talk to him. But now why I'm angry...

I just found out that my SISTER sent him a facebook message offering to help him with food or money or whatever and keep it secret. While he was still missing! And she told me she would have done it too, just to know he was ok. But I am also going to let his mom know of this. Get her to print it out if it's still there in case he ever disappears again. Let the police harass my sister! Not that they will. But I want her and me to talk to him about how that is completely unacceptable behavior from an adult, and hope he understand, and never does that. How can she offer to help him and NOT tell his parents (me and them) ANYTHING? Is that not ridiculous? I could kill her! That gives him an adult willing to help him. She said as long as it want illegal. I told her helping a minor run away IS illegal!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
urbanroost
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2012 at 3:28 PM

Yikes!  Would she really have kept it a secret from you though?  Honestly I would tell my neice or nephew the same thing, but I would tell my sister. 

Vikki77
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2012 at 5:29 PM
No, she told me straight faced that she would have done it and not told me. "just to know he was safe" what about us knowing he's safe? You know... His PARENTS! I can't believe her.

Quoting urbanroost:

Yikes!  Would she really have kept it a secret from you though?  Honestly I would tell my neice or nephew the same thing, but I would tell my sister. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cedartrees4
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2012 at 8:00 PM

Quoting Vikki77:

No, she told me straight faced that she would have done it and not told me. "just to know he was safe" what about us knowing he's safe? You know... His PARENTS! I can't believe her.

I think you need some answers from her as to why she feels she cannot trust you (and the adoptive parents), or why she feels that he cannot trust you.   And, has she been (or tried to be) a confidante for him before thIs?  This behaviour of hers must have something behind it, as it is very peculiar.

Vikki77
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2012 at 5:59 AM
No she has not been his confidante. Not sure if she has tried or not. I have learned about my sister in the last 6 months that she is perfect and everyone else falls short. She knows what is best for children (although she has none of hers) She knows what is best for us, and we are crazy if we decide not to take her advice. I fully believe that she would have helped him for the sole purpose of being important to him. Or better yet, being cool and understanding.
I am not a psychologist by any means, but I have read a lot of self help books, and I believe that my sister is one of those people that feels so badly about herself that she has to put other people down constantly, and be the one that is cool for kids to talk to and deal with because "she understands". She married young and got divorced about 4 years ago. Judging by her actions and the way she talks, I believe she is living her teenage years now... With the age and ability to be able to do it irresponsibly.

Hope that makes sense to you. If not let me know and I will try to explain better. :) I am going on hardly any sleep in 3 days, and about to go lay down til the baby gets up.

Quoting Cedartrees4:

Quoting Vikki77:

I think you need some answers from her as to why she feels she cannot trust you (and the adoptive parents), or why she feels that he cannot trust you.   And, has she been (or tried to be) a confidante for him before thIs?  This behaviour of hers must have something behind it, as it is very peculiar.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ceejay1_iz_back
by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:50 AM
Vikki,I completely understand! I have a younger sister EXACTLY like the one you speak of....possibly even worse:). I,like you am not a professional,but feel she is a total narcissus !
My sister thinks that everything is about her and what isn't she will make it so that it is....somehow.
Get some rest:). It is over my friend! He is back home and safe!
Vikki77
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2012 at 10:24 AM
Thanks. But there will be no ready for me today. I worked from 9 pm to 5:30 am. Slept from 6 to 9:30. Now I'm doing school with Joshua, and playing with the baby. And I have to be at Jeremy's house around 12:30 or 1 to talk to his mom. When my fiance gets home this afternoon I am crashing! Lol

Quoting ceejay1_iz_back:

Vikki,I completely understand! I have a younger sister EXACTLY like the one you speak of....possibly even worse:). I,like you am not a professional,but feel she is a total narcissus !

My sister thinks that everything is about her and what isn't she will make it so that it is....somehow.

Get some rest:). It is over my friend! He is back home and safe!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN