Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Already Down

Posted by on May. 12, 2012 at 12:08 PM
  • 12 Replies
  • 354 Total Views

I'm already feeling down, and I haven't checked the mail yet. The last contact with my son was on Mothers Day last year. I'm worried it won't happen this year. I guess I'm just preparing myself.

Happy Mothers Day everyone! I hope it's a good day for you all. My daughter is in Paris and we'll skype tomorrow morning. I do look forward to that. She has lived out of the country for most of the past 9 years, so I've become accustomed to her being away. She's 27 today! Happy birthday my Jana!

by on May. 12, 2012 at 12:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AdoptingMommy
by Member on May. 12, 2012 at 9:41 PM
Happy Mothers Day! So sorry that you feel down, I have the relationship with my dd's birthmother bc of this group! So I hope you know yall have made such an impact!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
onethentwins
by Gold Member on May. 12, 2012 at 10:17 PM
3 moms liked this

I didn't get a card today either. One thing I'd like to share with you is something an adult adoptee told me.

"while you are feeling bad that you weren't contacted on mothers day, your adoptee child is feeling bad that you are celebrating with your family and he is not included."

What I do is not wait for my son to call me, but call him and say "I'm sorry we can't be together today." It helps me.

Vikki77
by Silver Member on May. 12, 2012 at 11:35 PM
Hugs. Happy mothers day. I know it's a hard day. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DVT
by Bronze Member on May. 13, 2012 at 7:24 AM

Hugs.  I hope you get another letter soon from him.  Thinking of you and I TRY to remember this, if I don't hear from my older children today for Mother's Day - it's just a Hallmark holiday and they love me no matter what day it is.  I never get cards just phone calls from them except for the first year.

Myrick4pack
by Member on May. 13, 2012 at 1:36 PM
Sorry! Hope you get contact soon. Happy Mother's Day!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bubbly54
by Bronze Member on May. 13, 2012 at 9:38 PM

Hope you heard from him.  This was the first Mothers Day I did not hear from my son.  And he was in town, so if I was important enough to him, we could have at least spoken on the phone, a text, coffee, anything.  I give up.

2jeffsmom
by Bronze Member on May. 13, 2012 at 11:21 PM
3 moms liked this

I'm so sorry bubbly. I haven't heard from him. I'm going to hope his card is just late. It's been a sad day. I do feel loved by my 3 raised kids. They all came through.

ceejay1_iz_back
by on May. 14, 2012 at 12:58 PM
3 moms liked this

HUGS,EVERYBODY!!!!  Remember, Mothers Day is EVERYDAY of the year...when you are a Mother;)

Nobody needs to be remembered simply because Hallmark, says it should be so!

I personally, did not hear one iota from K, got my usual amazing call from my oldest, from my inherited daughter, and 2 amazing grandbabies...then repaired some fences, poured som back-rubbers for our cattle, sprayed the cattle, and played with baby boo, in the feed-lot,(she is getting so big). 

The BEST part of my day...spending time with an incredible human being...my HOTTIE!  HAPPY MOTHERS DAY...YIP, one day late...but remember it IS Mothers Day today, just as much as it was yesterday;)

2jeffsmom
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2012 at 12:35 AM
1 mom liked this

I checked the mail this morning. The card was there! If he could only know the joy his words bring me. Of course I'll write him back. I'm just composing the words. I do know it will be a short note, and not too deep. I hope some day to be able to just say what I'm feeling without worries. For now, I'm a happy momma!

drfink
by Silver Member on May. 17, 2012 at 1:17 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting 2jeffsmom:

I checked the mail this morning. The card was there! If he could only know the joy his words bring me. Of course I'll write him back. I'm just composing the words. I do know it will be a short note, and not too deep. I hope some day to be able to just say what I'm feeling without worries. For now, I'm a happy momma!

oh such happy news

so very glad

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)