Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I've been away from the computer

Posted by on May. 14, 2012 at 1:24 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 178 Total Views

So much has gone on in the last couple years and I hadn't even thought about coming in here to post, vent, talk, etc. 

In June 2010 I was reunited with my two oldest sons I placed for adoption.  I have raised a son and three daughters from birth.  The four younger always knew about their two older brothers. Anyway also in June 2010, my 4th child (Oldest daughter) started her wild streak and getting into trouble.  At one point I thought we were going to lose her because she just wouldn't straighten up ... I do not know to this day if she was mad about me going to see her brothers and not taking her or what her deal was.  She has mellowed out some since Dec. 2011.  No longer getting into trouble, at least, but still has a wild streak in her.

In March 2011, my oldest son came to live with us.  It's has been an emotional 14 months as we all try to figure out where we fit into each others lives.  He only had the one sibling growing up (my 2nd son) and then he is thrown into a house full of siblings ... I am sure it was a shock for him as it was for us.  For a while he talked about  AMom and ADad did things this way or that way and I felt like I couldn't measure up to his AParents.  I felt like I wasn't good enough.  But things are smooth now and he fits in nicely at being the oldest brother to 2 brothers and 3 sisters. 

My 2nd son has not yet met his little brother and 3 little sisters.  I am sure he is just not ready and it has to be when he is ready.  I will not pressure him but he knows about them and has photos of them.. He has made me a proud Momma though.  He has joined the marines.  My middle boys is soldier! 

Neither one has ever hated me for placing them adoption which was a very real fear for me but I am so blessed to have contact with them both!! 

by on May. 14, 2012 at 1:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
onethentwins
by Gold Member on May. 14, 2012 at 1:27 PM

my adoptee son came to live with us for a while too. It was a wonderful bonding experience for us. And, my younger son is in Marine boot camp. He hates it obviously.

Vikki77
by Silver Member on May. 14, 2012 at 1:38 PM
So glad things are looking up for you. :) How old was your son when he moved back in? Just curious. My son is planning to move back in in about 6 months at 17.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TNMomOf6
by New Member on May. 14, 2012 at 1:46 PM
1 mom liked this

My son that is in the Marines is 19 will be 20 in October.  He is loving the Marines.  Not everyone is cut out for the military that is for sure.

My son that came to live with us was 19 almost 20 when he got here.  He will be 21 next month. They were 18 (a week shy of 19) and 17 when I saw them in 2010.

Myrick4pack
by Member on May. 15, 2012 at 5:19 AM
Congratulations! Happy that things are working out for you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BE_U_T_XPRT
by Member on May. 15, 2012 at 4:58 PM

It's good to hear happy stories.  How did you come to reunite with your sons?

TNMomOf6
by New Member on May. 16, 2012 at 9:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Their AMom found me on by googling my name and  it snowballed from there. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)