Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Money IS the root of all evil . . . .

Posted by on Oct. 21, 2012 at 11:49 AM
  • 18 Replies
  • 496 Total Views

employee   from  Catholic  Soc. Services  wants  $300  to  'search'  for  my  son .

Heck,  all  she  has  to  do  is  look  in  the  file  to  get  names, addresses, etc.

to  help  me  get  reconnected  with  my  son .  I  told  her  no, I 'll  keep  on  praying

that  he  &  I  find  each  other  in  the  meantime  !  (I 've  started  having  some  'health

'issues', I  wanted  her  to  forward  that  info = I  wonder  if  she  will)  ?

Patrick 's   b-mom,

Lori   Leary

by on Oct. 21, 2012 at 11:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
onethentwins
by Gold Member on Oct. 21, 2012 at 3:07 PM
1 mom liked this

I know right. Asking us for hundreds of dollars to facilitate a reunion we don't want them to facilitate...outrageous!

leenburke
by Member on Oct. 21, 2012 at 3:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Holy sh*%balls, I learn something new everyday in adoptoland!

$300?!?! For the pleasure of having them insert themselves into the middle of a situation they already had a hand in and presumably received compensation for?

I can not fathom what could cost $300 for them? To go take a looksy in the file which should amount to in man-hours less than 1 hour??

I'm sorry but that is Fracking appalling to me.

I'm sorry you have to involve them at all and go through this.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
BE_U_T_XPRT
by Member on Oct. 21, 2012 at 3:22 PM

UGH!  That makes me sick.  So did you give her the "health issues" to forward onto him?  Did she say she could/would?  I hope so as well.

I have heard a lot about search angels on here...have you looked into that?

drfink
by Silver Member on Oct. 21, 2012 at 4:55 PM
Absolutely correct.A long story but due to a woman in this group I met someone that is considered an expert in reunion.She intervened with my agency because they had told me there was zero record of me calling yearly for 30+ years to see if there was any contact.One day they said no , 21 hours later after intervention they emailed me he had searched himself 15 years earlier and left info.At first I was told 375.00 ,we have been very fortunate so the money wasn't the issue but I was angry.... 15 years .I guess she caught herself and realized their screw upso I was charged 15.00 for the filing fee the state requires of the agency and 100.00 later for the state and agency mandated post adoption grilling session.I was then required to get a psychiatric clearance.If I hadn't seen a shrink earlier in my life it would have been around 300.00 for the session and letter.He was appalled I was required to get a clearance..His office sent me a bill with zero due.It was gift.
So if the agency had not re thought their decesion and my shrink wasn't such a big hearted guy it would have cost me around 700 dollars to get to email via the agency my oldest...they read and censor everything...that they had on record as it turned out both our contact and ok to have contact info for 3o+ years for me and 15 years for him.He was college age when he looked .375.00 to look in a file on line and send a certified return letter.
My agency is also a religous based bwahahaha agency.
irishgal63
by Member on Oct. 22, 2012 at 10:17 AM
1 mom liked this

YES,  I  did  send  the  list  of  health  issues .  b-moms  shouldn 't  be  charged  anything

to  'search'  for  their  son/daughter  !

irishgal63
by Member on Oct. 22, 2012 at 7:54 PM

I  have  a  friend(an  adoptee)(back  in  ILL.) she  had  also  been  adopted  through  that  same

agency .  She  contacted  them  &  asked  to  be  put  in  touch  with  her  b-mom, she  was

sent  a  response  saying  that  the  b-mom  didn't  want  contact  with  her .  She  had

'a  feeling'  that  something  was  going  on .  She  tried  again  a  few  months  later, &  this

time  a  different  social  worker  got  her  request  &  contacted  the  b-mom = they

have  been  HAPPILY  reunited, ever  since  !  Also,  I  used  to  know  a  certain  social

worker  (from  that  agency) that  quit  working  there,  because  'they'  were  doing  things

that  weren 't  honest/ethical  .  That 's  why  I 've  tried  to  post  the  b-date  info  in  as  many

places  as  possible !  If  you  can  think  of  some  other  sites, I 'd  love  to  hear  about  'em  !

OR,  if  you  know  any  search  angels  that  might  be  able  to  help  me  .  :-)

irishgal63
by Member on Oct. 22, 2012 at 7:56 PM

feel  (really)SILLY  asking  this,  but, what  is  'a  bwahahaha  agency'  ?

vampporcupine
by Silver Member on Oct. 22, 2012 at 8:19 PM
Go to Onethentwins adoption reunion group and ask Candy E for help.

Quoting irishgal63:

I  have  a  friend(an  adoptee)(back  in  ILL.) she  had  also  been  adopted  through  that  same

agency .  She  contacted  them  &  asked  to  be  put  in  touch  with  her  b-mom, she  was

sent  a  response  saying  that  the  b-mom  didn't  want  contact  with  her .  She  had

'a  feeling'  that  something  was  going  on .  She  tried  again  a  few  months  later, &  this

time  a  different  social  worker  got  her  request  &  contacted  the  b-mom = they

have  been  HAPPILY  reunited, ever  since  !  Also,  I  used  to  know  a  certain  social

worker  (from  that  agency) that  quit  working  there,  because  'they'  were  doing  things

that  weren 't  honest/ethical  .  That 's  why  I 've  tried  to  post  the  b-date  info  in  as  many

places  as  possible !  If  you  can  think  of  some  other  sites, I 'd  love  to  hear  about  'em  !

OR,  if  you  know  any  search  angels  that  might  be  able  to  help  me  .  :-)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
adopteeme
by Bronze Member on Oct. 22, 2012 at 8:44 PM
http://69.36.175.127/the-intermediary-system-is-not-the-solution/

This has got to stop!
drfink
by Silver Member on Oct. 22, 2012 at 9:28 PM

Quoting irishgal63:

feel  (really)SILLY  asking  this,  but, what  is  'a  bwahahaha  agency'  ?

bad grammar on my part...it was in reference to it being a religious based ....bwahahaha ...as if it is guided by doing Gods will ....bwahahahaha ....a witchy type laugh

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)