Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hi ,prayers ,good wishes or dance in the moonlight please. ETA : )

Posted by on Oct. 26, 2012 at 3:25 PM
  • 27 Replies
  • 700 Total Views
3 moms liked this

What ever you do remember me and M.A. ,he emailed he would like to talk this weekend.He said Sat was best so I said yes.First phone call ,I don't know what to say.I 'm afraid I'll cry non stop.I'm terrified I'll blow it..My teens are in a play at school 16 y.o. student director and 14y.o. second male lead.They have been chatting about that so maybe how the play went.?Tongue tied for once.I want to make a good impression and different than my emails I can't re read...my first letter in response to his there were 13 versions ,sent the original but very very very worried .

Thrilled ,very very thrilled.My daughter told me he askedsher lots of questions about me.Nothing odd or unusual just general stuff.Very happy ,this is what have been waiting for but still terrified.I don't want to blow it and lose him again.

Thank you

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

thank yall !!!!! it went very well.I took all yalls advise .I wrote down questions about him ,I drove around ,by myself ,working out the phrasing of answers to tough questions  aloud,had a couple of panic attacks ,took a mild tranq and it went great.I started with a couple of the written questions and then the conversation took off on it's own.We talked about 45 minutes when he started to sound a little dragged out so I said good bye.It was mostly light conversation about stuff going on .I asked about his parents just being polite and he told me they had found early stage 1 breast  cancer.She had her surgery a few days after we talked a nd did well and is expected to make a full recovery.He sent me an email updating me about his mom.He talked about being worried about her and his dad.

He sent me an email a couple of days later saying when his mom was up and about he wanted to talk again.He lives an hour away from his parents but I guess he was helping his dad out...he is in his 70's .I am kinda FB slow so I just friend-ed him.a couple of days ago.Late that night he set up an album titled  The History of M  in it he has the first baby picture of him ever taken ...he is 7 days old ...it fits the time frame.He includes a ton of pictures as a baby ,toddler ,child ,teen and college age including graduation pics.I alternate between smiling and laughing and sobbing.My new bfff ...my shrink...has strongly suggested I set a time limit each day for the pictures.

GREAT NEWS he emailed me asking to send him when we can talk this week from my side and then he will set up a different phone call.

Unfortunately I found on FB some slightly obscure comments from when he was first contacted by the agency.He was not happy at all.When he stopped emailing through the agency in May he was walking away.This makes me even more nervous to get things correct.

Thanks for the support and grat advice,

by on Oct. 26, 2012 at 3:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
onethentwins
by Gold Member on Oct. 26, 2012 at 4:13 PM

I have my fingers crossed for you and fully understand the fear and apprehension. Have you written a list of things to talk about? Prepared a list of answers to any difficult questions?

vampporcupine
by Silver Member on Oct. 26, 2012 at 4:50 PM
One of the things my daughter said that made her angry when she met my ex mil was that she never asked her any questions about her. She didn't ask what she's done in her life, where she's gone when her first kiss was....nothing. So maybe prepare a list like OTT says and have a list of questions to ask about him?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Vikki77
by Silver Member on Oct. 26, 2012 at 5:29 PM
I agree. Ask him questions about him. My sons and I did this. Kind of like "comparing notes" although I know that is a bad term to use. But when I asked my oldest what his favorite subject was he told me math. And then we swapped stories about school. It was the same with my second son. I have so much in common with both even though the two boys are like night and day. Anyway, simple things will probably lead to long discussions and sharing. I will say a prayer for you. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
doodlebopfan
by Silver Member on Oct. 26, 2012 at 8:14 PM

Praying for you to have peace and that your heart stays in your chest. :) I think it would be great to ask questions about him. It shows that you are interested in his life. I wish I had advice, Em, but will be praying for you both. HUGS!!!!! I'm so excited for you! :) 

Lorsons86
by New Member on Oct. 29, 2012 at 9:12 AM

I hope all went wonderfully.  How are you?

urbanroost
by Bronze Member on Nov. 4, 2012 at 8:23 PM

I was thinking about you this weekend.....hoping it went just how you wanted it to go. xoxo

doodlebopfan
by Silver Member on Nov. 4, 2012 at 9:00 PM
1 mom liked this
Me, too. How did it go? I hope it was everything you wanted and more. Missed you! You, too, Urban!

Quoting urbanroost:

I was thinking about you this weekend.....hoping it went just how you wanted it to go. xoxo

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
vampporcupine
by Silver Member on Nov. 4, 2012 at 9:10 PM
Please update us as to how the phone call went. I hope it was wonderful and smooth
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
drfink
by Silver Member on Nov. 4, 2012 at 10:31 PM

BUMP Update added to original post.

vampporcupine
by Silver Member on Nov. 4, 2012 at 11:41 PM
Oh, how nerve-wracking to see reference that he was walking away. You had suspected it though back then. It must have had something to do with the agency witch or...maybe he felt overwhelmed and needed to digest.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)