Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I Meet Him Tomorrow ....very ,very very nervous....UPDATE 12:30 A.M.

Posted by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 3:18 PM
  • 26 Replies
  • 809 Total Views
5 moms liked this

We leave tomorrow around 11 to go meet my oldest.I didn't know elation and terror could occupy the same place.There is a part of me that wants to keep the status quo ...we text ,FB message ,email and an very occasional phone call but he seems to like me.I am terrified upon meeting me he will run off screaming...not literally but in his mind.

I wasn't able to see my shrink yeasterday ,I have had a horrid stomach virus, so he calls me last night and is all supportive shrink like then tells me I can't be a chicken ...so with that sage psychiatric advice ...LOL

So nervous ,teeth chattering ,knee shaking nervous.

All of us are going.My younger four are excited ,my husband is being helpful and supportive it is just me that is terrified,

My 28 y.o. and he are already talking about him visiting my 28 y.o. in his city .Just terrified things will go wrong and I will screw all this up.

We will be back Sun evening.

think it went well .He came to our hotel...my 28 y.o and 14 y.o met him in the lobby and brought him up.We are in a 2 bedroom Hyatt Suite chain so we have a den.We hugged ,he was a little awkward but he is a 35 y.o. ,visited for about an hour then went out to dinner.He grew more and more relaxed .Came back up and didn't leave till midnight, lots of laughing ,lots of comparing characteristics between all 5..I invited him back for breakfast in the morn around 10 and I think he readily accepted.My daughter was sitting next to him at dinner and sneaked a peak at a text from someone he had said earlier was a very close friend.His friend asks ? ,he responds "better than I thought great,"later, dinner was long friend texts still? and he responds "even better"

I can't sleep cause I am so excited.Tomorrow we got late lunch with his parents and to their house for desert.The one that doesn't like me but I can kiss up with the best of them if needed.

Oh ya HE reached to hug goodbye : ) not awkwardly !!!!

Going to go read to calm down .Texted my sis and two bff's so need to get some sleep if possible.Pic soon.

THANK YALL FOR THE SUPPORT ...IT IS REAL !!! 35 years  and 345  days.

by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 3:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
vampporcupine
by Silver Member on Dec. 27, 2012 at 3:47 PM
2 moms liked this

Oh EM!!!!! This is so exciting! Of course he will love/like you, who wouldn't? I truly hope that you two plan to meet first for a few hours before bringing everyone else in to meet. Take bucket fulls of tissue and a camera with extra batteries/memory card, etc! I expect a FULL report WITH pictures! YAAAAAAYYYY!!!

I like your doc's diagnosis

onethentwins
by Gold Member on Dec. 27, 2012 at 4:54 PM
3 moms liked this

He is probably feeling the same way. Wondering if he'll be good enough for you, if you'll like him, if you'll be proud of him, etc.

You might to pop an Imodium before you go but you'll be fine :D

Cant wait to hear all about it. Make sure you get a pic of just the two of you.

vampporcupine
by Silver Member on Dec. 27, 2012 at 6:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Imodium is a great idea. I'm a nervous pooper. If I ever got to meet my daughter id be in the bathroom all day, lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommasbrat912
by Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 12:22 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting vampporcupine:

Imodium is a great idea. I'm a nervous pooper. If I ever got to meet my daughter id be in the bathroom all day, lol

Nervous pooper. OMG I literally just snorted soda out of my nose!

Good luck drfink! I hope your visit goes well!

DVT
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 7:55 AM
1 mom liked this

Good Luck!  I'm sure all will go well for you!  Take LOTS of PICS!!!!!!!!!!  HUGS - you've waited so long for this - you deserve this chance - it was meant to be :)

SarahSuzyQ
by Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 8:35 AM
Good luck, I hope it goes well today!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
doodlebopfan
by Silver Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 11:22 AM
1 mom liked this

giving heartYou will be fine! Love you! 

Fab74
by Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 9:32 PM

Such a happy post to read!!! I can't wait to hear how it all went and to see pictures as well.

So, so very happy for you! At long last  :)  :)  :) 

onethentwins
by Gold Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 9:41 PM

I'm on pins and needles!

ZakkarysMom
by Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 9:46 PM
How exciting!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)