Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So I just realized

Posted by   + Show Post

My adoption agency was nice to me until after my surrenders were up, then they became really rude. Any one else had this happen? Can I do anything about it?

by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:41 PM
Replies (11-15):
drfink
by Silver Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 2:02 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting PortAngeles1969:

There is something we can do!!! Send me a message with the agency name and phone number. I will call them and not use your name - I don't even need it. I WILL get the head of that agency to talk to me and you WILL get a return phone call. Trust me - everyone they haven't been returning calls to will get returned calls an I'm sure there are more than just you. I do know how to deal with beuracratic agencies that are supposed to serve people and have to be reminded of that!

YAY !!!

The women in this group are wonderful.A member put me in touch with the woman that intervened when I found out my %$^*&$# agency had been lying all these years.This group changed my life !!!

onethentwins
by Gold Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 1:34 PM

Quoting MommieBre21:

exactly how I feel right now. I wish I could somehow get my twins back now.

hugs

onethentwins
by Gold Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 1:42 PM

Oh yes. When I was in reunion I was looking for my son's birthfather, I thought there might be some help in my records. I wrote to them several times asking for any documents I was legally entitled to. I sent them return stamped envelopes, I emailed them, and called and called. They wouldn't return any of my attempts to reach them, just ignored me. The funny thing was that my son was living with me at the time. I gave the agency the name, addresses, and phone numbers of his adoptive parents in case they were worried I was "up to no good". Eventually I got to speak to a real person and she said "oh a judge will have to do that". I never heard from them again. I did find my son's birth father though.

Ms.KitKat
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:37 AM

Contact your state's Licensing board who is resposnible for licensing the agency you worked with. You can also file a complaint against them. The state is also obligated to follow-up and investigate all complaints. IDK about your state but where I live, the agency must not just offer pp counseling but also provide it.

Quoting MommieBre21:

I call and text asking for counseling like they are suppose to but they dont ever call or text back.

Quoting PortAngeles1969:

Very common! Their primary customer is the adoptive family - matching. Once this is accomplished the next "match" becomes the highest priority.

If they are supposed to offer you follow-up services and counseling they do need to follow through with that.

Is there something specific you are asking for and not getting an acceptable response to? We could offer better advice if you are willing to share.

I'm so sorry they do this - it's a loss upon a loss and at a time that you feel so weak. I remember it well and that was 22 years ago

Gwen72
by Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:04 PM

I am so sorry this is happening to you.  (((hugs))).  Have you thoght about filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau?  If the agency is a AAAA certified adoption agency then you could file a complaint with them also.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN