Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

An adoptee put her info on FACEBOOK and . . . .

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:51 AM
  • 19 Replies
  • 416 Total Views

found  her  b-mom  within  a  few  days  !  I  wish  I  was  that  lucky, I 'd  LOVE  to

be  reunited  with  my  son  !  (he 'll  be  26, on  the  16th  of  this  month) :-)

Patrick's  b-mom,

Lori  Leary

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CaileighsMom608
by Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:06 PM
2 moms liked this

I found my daughter adopted mom on Facebook she doesnt know I found it.  She tried to keep her profile private but failed to realize that if you post on a public page you can be searched.  I can't much just a few pictures here and there but its an extra glimpse into my daughters life so I will take it.

irishgal63
by Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:50 PM

If  you  have  ANY  ideas  how/where  I  can  search  for  my  son =  I 'd  LOVE  to  hear  'em  !

know  ANY  'search  angels'  that  aren't  already  swamped, trying  to  help  with  other  searches  ?

Patrick 's   b-mom,

Lori  L.

CaileighsMom608
by Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:08 PM

what do you know about him

name?

birthdate obvisously

state he lives in

town he lives in?

vampporcupine
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:21 PM
Lori, I'm going to send you a pm

Quoting irishgal63:

If  you  have  ANY  ideas  how/where  I  can  search  for  my  son =  I 'd  LOVE  to  hear  'em  !

know  ANY  'search  angels'  that  aren't  already  swamped, trying  to  help  with  other  searches  ?

Patrick 's   b-mom,

Lori  L.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
snowwillow
by Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:52 PM

I have seen several kids looking for their birthmoms on facebook. When I see them I also share and hope that others share.

A search Angel found my daughter in 2001. It took her a couple of weeks and she charged me 40.00. I hear they don't usually charge money.

MoLLiy
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:28 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm not a search angel, I'm a birthmother and an adoptee. I know where my daughter is. And I plan to keep tabs on her until she is 18. She turns 3 on the 24th. I'm currently looking for my mother. I know what state she lives in and have three potential addresses for her. My father is deceased. I'd love to help you look. What do you know about him?

Quoting irishgal63:

Patrick 's   b-mom,

Lori  L.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
vampporcupine
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:37 AM
Lori,
Have you filled out and filed any of these forms? It appears as though obc's are available for adoptees but I don't see any open records for mothers/fathers looking.

http://www.idph.state.il.us/vitalrecords/vital/birthpreference.htm
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CaileighsMom608
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:33 PM

do they have that site for NJ.  I would LOVE to have my daughters original birth certificate

Quoting vampporcupine:

Lori,
Have you filled out and filed any of these forms? It appears as though obc's are available for adoptees but I don't see any open records for mothers/fathers looking.

onethentwins
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:50 PM

If I remember rightly Gov. Christie Vetoed the open records bill in NJ.

Quoting CaileighsMom608:

do they have that site for NJ.  I would LOVE to have my daughters original birth certificate

Quoting vampporcupine:

Lori,

vampporcupine
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 6:06 PM

This is what I found for New Jersey:

"

New Jersey

Adoption

Access to Adoption Records

To better understand this issue and to view it across States, download the PDF (504 KB) of this publication.

Who May Access Information
Citation: Ann. Stat. § 9:3-41.1

The adoptive parent may have access to nonidentifying information.

Access to Nonidentifying Information
Citation: Ann. Stat. § 9:3-41.1

Prior to placement, the adoptive parent will be provided with all available information relevant to the child's development, including:
  • The child's developmental and medical history
  • The child's personality and temperament
  • The birth parents' complete medical histories, including conditions or diseases that are believed to be hereditary
  • Any drugs or medications taken during pregnancy
  • Any other health conditions of the birth parents that may influence the child's present or future health

Information that would identify or permit the identification of the birth parents of the child shall be excluded.

Mutual Access to Identifying Information
Citation: Ann. Stat. § 9:3-52

All records of proceedings related to the adoption shall be filed under seal by the clerk of the court and shall at no time be open to inspection or copying unless the court, upon good cause shown, shall otherwise order.

Access to Original Birth Certificate
Citation: Ann. Stat. § 26:8-40.1

The original birth certificate is available only upon order of the court.

Where the Information Can Be Located

New Jersey Department of Human Services, Adoption Registry Coordinator "

Quoting CaileighsMom608:

Quoting vampporcupine:

Lori,

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)