Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

An adoptee put her info on FACEBOOK and . . . .

Posted by   + Show Post

found  her  b-mom  within  a  few  days  !  I  wish  I  was  that  lucky, I 'd  LOVE  to

be  reunited  with  my  son  !  (he 'll  be  26, on  the  16th  of  this  month) :-)

Patrick's  b-mom,

Lori  Leary

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:51 AM
Replies (11-19):
irishgal63
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:49 PM

Do  you  still  have  the  name  of  the  'search  angel'  that  helped  you, can  ya  put  me  in  touch  with  her ?

I 'd  be  so  appreciative  of  ANY  kind  of  help  that  I  could  get  with  this  !   :-)

Patrick's  b-mom,

Lori   Leary

irishgal63
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:59 PM

I 'd  be  so  THANKFUL  of  ANY  kind  of  help  that  I  could  get  with  this .

Patrick  Edward  Weis, born  Feb. 16, 1987  at  Mercy  Hospital  in  Urbana, ILL. at  3:40  in  the  afternoon .

The  adoptive  couple  (allegedly) named  him  David, (also, allegedly  had  their  1st  (bio) child(a  boy) 2yrs.

after  they  adopted  my  son, &  then, 2yrs.  after  that,  had  their  2nd  (bio) child(a  girl) .

I 've  never  known  their  names, or  the  town  that  they  lived  in .

onethentwins
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:12 PM

There's a whole slew of them going on now. I feel bad for not sharing them all, but I like to keep my adoption angst to a minimum on my FB page and keep it all here because I'm friends with my son and all his adoptive family.

CaileighsMom608
by Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 8:26 AM
1 mom liked this

ahhhhh Fat Bastard strikes again!

Quoting onethentwins:

If I remember rightly Gov. Christie Vetoed the open records bill in NJ.

Quoting CaileighsMom608:

do they have that site for NJ.  I would LOVE to have my daughters original birth certificate

Quoting vampporcupine:

Lori,
Have you filled out and filed any of these forms? It appears as though obc's are available for adoptees but I don't see any open records for mothers/fathers looking.

http://www.idph.state.il.us/vitalrecords/vital/birthpreference.htm

Ms.KitKat
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:47 PM

Did you use an agency for placement? Ask the agency for the original BC. I always get an extra BC in case the birth parent wants a copy.

Quoting CaileighsMom608:

ahhhhh Fat Bastard strikes again!

Quoting onethentwins:

If I remember rightly Gov. Christie Vetoed the open records bill in NJ.

Quoting CaileighsMom608:

do they have that site for NJ.  I would LOVE to have my daughters original birth certificate

Quoting vampporcupine:

Lori,
Have you filled out and filed any of these forms? It appears as though obc's are available for adoptees but I don't see any open records for mothers/fathers looking.

http://www.idph.state.il.us/vitalrecords/vital/birthpreference.htm

adopteeme
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:36 PM
Quoting CaileighsMom608:

Caileighs are you in NJ?
Join a search support group there even it's mail list. Ask for help. From anyone who will listen. Network! ESP with triad in NJ. Don't give up!
Do you have non identifying info?
Get every last scrap of info they will give to you.

You need to find someone with access to databases.
You have the dob, and state. It's possible she's still there. A database will likely be a Huge listing of possibles. I just ran my dob and state in a people finder. I was # 350 something down on the list. But if I remove males, the list gets smaller. It can be done.

I had a list of 142 women born in 19@$ and named D()6@ that lived in WA state. I was prepared to write every single one of them.

Good luck
adopteeme
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:37 PM
Opps Irish my mistake
CaileighsMom608
by Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:01 AM

what do you mean by non identifying information????

Quoting adopteeme:

Quoting CaileighsMom608:

Caileighs are you in NJ?
Join a search support group there even it's mail list. Ask for help. From anyone who will listen. Network! ESP with triad in NJ. Don't give up!
Do you have non identifying info?
Get every last scrap of info they will give to you.

You need to find someone with access to databases.
You have the dob, and state. It's possible she's still there. A database will likely be a Huge listing of possibles. I just ran my dob and state in a people finder. I was # 350 something down on the list. But if I remove males, the list gets smaller. It can be done.

I had a list of 142 women born in 19@$ and named D()6@ that lived in WA state. I was prepared to write every single one of them.

Good luck

CaileighsMom608
by Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:10 AM

I just emailed my case worker at the agency to see if she has an extra copy but I am not very hopefully of that one.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN