Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why are aMoms so hateful???

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:40 PM
  • 40 Replies
  • 1122 Total Views
2 moms liked this

I can barely read anything in the adoption groups or anything adoption related in Mom Confessions bc they all say I will only have a closed adoption.....birth moms can't see the baby bc they gave him/her up and are not allowed to be a glorified parent.  

I am sooooo confused.  Didnt these people have to pass a psych eval in order to adopt a baby?????

by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AdoptingMommy
by Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:42 PM
1 mom liked this
Ugh! I am an adoptive mom with a very open adoption (2 1/2 yr old) and love it. Not all amoms are that way!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CaileighsMom608
by Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:47 PM

thats great be sure not to say that near the others they may kill you....lol!

Quoting AdoptingMommy:

Ugh! I am an adoptive mom with a very open adoption (2 1/2 yr old) and love it. Not all amoms are that way!

ZakkarysMom
by Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:48 PM
Not all..most..

Quoting AdoptingMommy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AdoptingMommy
by Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:50 PM
I have many adoptive family friends with Open Adoptions only the foster/adopt situations are closed and one abandonment case, I know some are that way esp in confessions however most that say that are not amoms just have a stereotype (imo)

Quoting CaileighsMom608:

thats great be sure not to say that near the others they may kill you....lol!

Quoting AdoptingMommy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AdoptingMommy
by Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:51 PM
I dont think thats true, I mean if you take the last 50 yrs compared to the last 5-10 its a much different senario

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

Not all..most..

Quoting AdoptingMommy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CaileighsMom608
by Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:52 PM

I am in another post with some very hateful AMoms.  They are saying that their kids only have 1 mom.  And I wrote back unless they can inject their DNA into the child that in fact the child has 2 mothers a biological mother and AMom.  Am I wrong?

AdoptingMommy
by Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:53 PM
I agree but alot of the confessions post are contriversal i dont go to many post in that forum

Quoting CaileighsMom608:

I am in another post with some very hateful AMoms.  They are saying that their kids only have 1 mom.  And I wrote back unless they can inject their DNA into the child that in fact the child has 2 mothers a biological mother and AMom.  Am I wrong?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mattsmom857
by Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:59 PM
2 moms liked this
I'm also an adoptive mom with a very open adoption. Unfortunately we r far n few between n it's sickening.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CaileighsMom608
by Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:00 PM

you guy are great!  Sooooo nice to see AMoms realizing open is best for the child and not being selfish.  

MY HATS OFF TO YOU ALL!  GREAT JOB!

vampporcupine
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:14 PM
1 mom liked this
I have attempted to deal with those groups in the past. I find them to be way too much for my well being and stay the hell away from them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN