Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Been a while.

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:37 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • 152 Total Views
So it's been a while, so back story... Prego at 16, sent to a group home for prego girls on volunteer status (vs some of the girls that were wards of the court/foster care), birth at 17 (2002), severe PPD 3mo pp, i went off the deep end, sister decided she should take him about 9mo and adopted him. Well I have no idea what has been said and I don't push it in fear of losing the contact I have (they are CA, I'm AZ). I wouldn't even get into "my side" until he was older anyway, I don't feel it's appropriate and they are issues my sister and I need to work out.

Well he's added me to his Instagram! I didn't even know he had one (why an almost 11 has one i dont know) I feel connected to him again! And now I find myself not wanting to like his posts :/ what if my sister doesn't know? What I she thinks I added him?

I don't think I need these questions answered, but just needed to post somewhere where people got it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
vampporcupine
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:06 AM
It has been a long time since you've been here. How wonderful that he has add his mom! Is there any way you can ask if his aunt is aware that he has added you?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoveOfWisdom
by Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:11 AM
Probably, but I don't think I would. For all he knows he just added me and doesn't know that my sister has an underlying issue with me ( even though she says she doesn't. HA!). I don't need to bring up questions. KWIM?

Quoting vampporcupine:

It has been a long time since you've been here. How wonderful that he has add his mom! Is there any way you can ask if his aunt is aware that he has added you?
LoveOfWisdom
by Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:14 AM
1 mom liked this
Well she must know cause my niece just added me (9). Or she's having a conniption fit hahaha
vampporcupine
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:54 AM
Lol

Quoting LoveOfWisdom:

Well she must know cause my niece just added me (9). Or she's having a conniption fit hahaha
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
onethentwins
by Gold Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:09 PM
1 mom liked this

How awful that your sister decided to take your baby rather than help you. Great news about the add. If it were me, I'd go ahead and like his stuff so that he knows you're excited about him and his stuff. If she makes him delete you, well he will know that wasn't your choice. Otherwise he might think that you're indifferent about him.

LoveOfWisdom
by Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:33 PM
Good point. Yeah the more of a birth but I become (also a birth/newborn photographer) the more pissed I am about it. But I am happy that he's in the family, has two younger siblings (plus my 3 kiddos), and has a great life.

Quoting onethentwins:

How awful that your sister decided to take your baby rather than help you. Great news about the add. If it were me, I'd go ahead and like his stuff so that he knows you're excited about him and his stuff. If she makes him delete you, well he will know that wasn't your choice. Otherwise he might think that you're indifferent about him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)