Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HELLO EVERYONE!

Posted by on May. 4, 2007 at 3:09 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 266 Total Views
IM A BIRTHMOTHER ALSO,IM TRYING TODEAL WITH THE FACT MY SONS FIRST BDAY IS COMING UP INTWO WEEKS.ITS GOING TO BE A SAD DAY&A HAPPY DAY FORME AND MY KIDS.DO YOU THINK IT WOULD BE A BAD IDEA FOR ME TO THROW HIM A BDAY PARTY ,EVEN THOUGH HE ISNT WITH US?I NEED SOME ADVICE.BYE
by on May. 4, 2007 at 3:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
kozykass
by New Member on May. 5, 2007 at 12:38 AM
Well a happy birthday to him.Yes you can celabrate,But maybe in a more quiet way.For you own self and for the other kids.Lite a candle.Say a prayer,Be greatful and proud ,You gave the biggest gift.
Kass
ilovepeyton
by Member on May. 5, 2007 at 6:37 AM
Hi there,
I am a Birth mom and and Adoptive mom. I felt it was important to celebrate my sons birthday each year. I made him a cake and bought him a card that I saved until I finally met him. (the card that is!)
I would pull out his pictures and read all of the letters I had from his adoptive parents. It helped to get the sad out, and it made me happy to know he was doing great!

We plan on celebrating our adoptive sons birthday with his Birth mom. We want to make it an annual event, I hope we can!

Jazzy, being a birth mom does not mean you have to hide your feelings and not celebrate the beautiful child you created. It does not matter whether he/she is with you, celebrate him everyday! I thnk it may be a great time to have your other kids help you celebrate their sibling. Have them help bake a cake, if they are old enough. Wear silly party hats, have them make a card if they want to.

Good luck to you and your family! Alot of feelings will arise on his birthday, take a deep breathe and feel them.............it helped me deal with the ever changing emotions I had throughout my adoption. My Birth son is 19 now!!! My Adopted Son is 4 months old!
ashelei
by Member on May. 5, 2007 at 4:24 PM
I agree, I think its most important to celebrate your childs birth regardless if they are living with you or not....I know my sons birth date will always be one that I celebrate. I am most looking forward to spending it with him because his adoptive family has welcomed my first son and myself into his life to spend his birthday with him....

IlovePeyton
I think this is such a wonderful experience for the both of us, I think it helps know that you are a birth mom and you can relate to all of these feelings that I am feeling.... You are such a wonderful Mommy to Peyton and I couldnt have asked for a better Mommy. I love you guys.... Give Peyton kisses for me and when you hug him, give him an extra hug for me..... I love you again.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)