Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any other BMs...?

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:44 PM
  • 22 Replies
  • 619 Total Views

My husband and I have talked to my son's adoptive parents about when we decide to have children, what would they like the relationship between Jackson and those children be? I was thrilled when they said as far as they were concerned they would be Jackson's brothers and sisters.

Are any other birth moms' child's APs like this? What are your relationships with your child and their parents?

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
onethentwins
by Gold Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Big of them to consider their sons siblings "his siblings". o_O

My sons adoptive family consider us extended family and vice verse. My son acknowledges his siblings and his cousins and his aunt and uncle for what they are.

birthmama2009
by New Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah they're amazing!

Jackson calls me "Azee" and my husband "Ska" [Ashlee and Scot]. Lynne and Jason wanted him to call me "Mama Ashlee" but it didn't feel right to me. 

blessedwboysx3
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:12 PM

I wish that was the case in my past relationship with my son's parents.  They always told me that the children I was raising (his biological siblings) were like long distance cousins you never see. 

My son just turned 21 this past Sunday I'm not sure how he actually feels about his brothers but they are friends on facebook at the moment.  I have no contact with his adoptive parents or him directly.

birthmama2009
by New Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:14 PM
2 moms liked this

That's sad that you don't have contact with him. Jackson is 3 and I've been there for every birthday and holiday. On my birthday this past year he said "happy birtday azee. i love you!"

blessedwboysx3
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:10 PM

That's great, I wish our adoption could have been like that.  I'm not really sure what happened but I hang on to hope that one day he'll want to get to know me.  For now I settle for him being friends with the boys on FB and I will occassionally get into their accounts so I can look at his pictures.

ccgabbie
by New Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:38 PM
2 moms liked this

I have a WONDERFUL relationship with the parents and my son. We talk all of the time. He is 17 now and has a wonderful relationship with his siblings. Since I have had a close relationship with him his whole life, he comes up to stay with me on some holidays, summer, spring break, etc. His parents pay for the trips and give him spending money while he is here. I can't pay since I am not financially stable. He has known my youngest her whole life. Open adoption was the best decision. I have never really regretted giving him up. His dad is very well off, allowing my son to go to private schools his whole life. He is responsible, so they don't spoil him for the most part.

I was very close to his mom until she started becoming critical about my life, she is getting very judgemental and I don't appreciate it, she has tried to tell me how to raise my youngest. I, at one point, considered giving my youngest up to them, but realized I could not. We discussed it though. She told my oldest she could come live with her so she could get back on her feet. She is very kind to my kids, she loves them like they are hers. I appreciate that. I just don't like to be told what I am doing wrong...even if she is right lol.

I can't imagine anything better than this though.

ccgabbie
by New Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:39 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting ccgabbie:

I have a WONDERFUL relationship with the parents and my son. We talk all of the time. He is 17 now and has a wonderful relationship with his siblings. Since I have had a close relationship with him his whole life, he comes up to stay with me on some holidays, summer, spring break, etc. His parents pay for the trips and give him spending money while he is here. I can't pay since I am not financially stable. He has known my youngest her whole life. Open adoption was the best decision. I have never really regretted giving him up. His dad is very well off, allowing my son to go to private schools his whole life. He is responsible, so they don't spoil him for the most part.

I was very close to his mom until she started becoming critical about my life, she is getting very judgemental and I don't appreciate it, she has tried to tell me how to raise my youngest. I, at one point, considered giving my youngest up to them, but realized I could not. We discussed it though. She told my oldest she could come live with her so she could get back on her feet. She is very kind to my kids, she loves them like they are hers. I appreciate that. I just don't like to be told what I am doing wrong...even if she is right lol.

He also calls me mom, he always has, and his mom has actually taught him that. <3 I am very blessed

Vikki77
by Silver Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:23 AM
That is truly awesome! We hear about so many closing, it's nice to hear of one that stayed open. I have a similar relationship with my 16 year olds mom, even though we just reunited a little less than 2 years ago. And both my boys consider their siblings as such. We just can't see my 17 year old right now. :(

Quoting ccgabbie:

Quoting ccgabbie:

He also calls me mom, he always has, and his mom has actually taught him that. <3 I am very blessed

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2jeffsmom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 2:30 AM

My kids, raised by me have not met their brother adopted. He doesn't use a computer, so they don't communicate either. I hope they will meet some day. When younger Jeff was hurt in a car accident I was visiting older Jeff. He was concerned about his little brother, and asked me to let him know he wishes him well. It was a good first step.

Ms.KitKat
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:44 AM

Quoting 2jeffsmom:

My kids, raised by me have not met their brother adopted. He doesn't use a computer, so they don't communicate either. I hope they will meet some day. When younger Jeff was hurt in a car accident I was visiting older Jeff. He was concerned about his little brother, and asked me to let him know he wishes him well. It was a good first step.

I know it's off topic but - can you tell me how it came to be that both your boys are named Jeff?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)