Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I've been sooo depressed lately in desperate need of support

Posted by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 9:24 PM
  • 17 Replies
  • 550 Total Views

I lost my son to the Department of Social Services in '08.  They took him in '06 and started court preceedings over the fact that my ex husband and i were financial unstable he wasn't working and I was working as much as the job I had would allow.  They put him in the care of my ex mother in law who kept lying to them. Telling them we didn't call to check on him never visited. I called everyday to every other day to check on him. visited him every week to two weeks depending on if I had the money to make the hour to hour and a half trip one way to see him. We did everything they wanted us to do to get him back at least once multiple things twice to three times. And while my ex mother in law had him he ended up with a third degree burn because of a hot iron. When that happened and i picked him up for a visit my ex mother in law made a joke about him getting burned and how her oldest was burnt by one too right near her genital area when she was about his age. I'll admit I called the "dss" and bitched up one side and down the other. Less than 6 months later the took all my rights from me. My son will 8 in august and I miss him soo much. Right now I am about 7 months pregnant with his half sister. I'm no longer with his father.

by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 9:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Vikki77
by Silver Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 9:47 PM
I am so sorry for what you have gone through. I have been there. She doesn't let you have any contact?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ladytigris1986
by New Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 9:58 PM

She no longer has him. Even flat out said she didn't want to adopt him. She wanted her friends to adopt him and now they no longer even let her see him.

Quoting Vikki77:

I am so sorry for what you have gone through. I have been there. She doesn't let you have any contact?

Vikki77
by Silver Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:30 PM
It is so sad that he had to lose all of his family. I know how hard this is for you. I lost 2 boys to CPS and later had 2 more. It's so bittersweet to have another child.

Quoting ladytigris1986:

She no longer has him. Even flat out said she didn't want to adopt him. She wanted her friends to adopt him and now they no longer even let her see him.

Quoting Vikki77:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ladytigris1986
by New Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:33 PM

It just breaks my heart that I know there is a chance he may never want to meet me and tht his sister may never get to meet him

Quoting Vikki77:

It is so sad that he had to lose all of his family. I know how hard this is for you. I lost 2 boys to CPS and later had 2 more. It's so bittersweet to have another child.

Quoting ladytigris1986:

Quoting Vikki77:

Vikki77
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 12:10 AM
Don't give up hope. I have a very close relationship with both of my lost sons. One I am being kept from right now, but he will be 18 soon.

Quoting ladytigris1986:

It just breaks my heart that I know there is a chance he may never want to meet me and tht his sister may never get to meet him

Quoting Vikki77:

Quoting ladytigris1986:

Quoting Vikki77:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ladytigris1986
by New Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 6:09 PM

Quoting Vikki77:

Don't give up hope. I have a very close relationship with both of my lost sons. One I am being kept from right now, but he will be 18 soon.

Quoting ladytigris1986:

Quoting Vikki77:

Quoting ladytigris1986:

Quoting Vikki77:

onethentwins
by Gold Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 1:20 AM

So sorry this happened to you.

Is there a possibility that the adoptive parents will let him see his baby sister? Or, maybe they'd be ok with a correspondence of pictures and letters?

Quoting ladytigris1986:

Quoting Vikki77:

ladytigris1986
by New Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 11:48 PM

I've tried contacting them and told them all i wanted was to at least know he was happy, healthy, and all around just doing good, and  they didn't even respond they just immeadiatly blocked me.

Quoting onethentwins:

So sorry this happened to you.

Is there a possibility that the adoptive parents will let him see his baby sister? Or, maybe they'd be ok with a correspondence of pictures and letters?

Quoting ladytigris1986:

Quoting Vikki77:

vampporcupine
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:10 AM
Im sorry this happened to you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ladytigris1986
by New Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:41 AM
thanks you all for the support
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)