Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am a birth sister... UPDATE ON PAGE 2!!!!

Posted by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 1:27 PM
  • 29 Replies
  • 740 Total Views
2 moms liked this
I know this is for birth moms and I am sorry for intruding. There is nothing for birth siblings. We kind of get forgotten in everything. Granted, I didn't even exist when my brother was placed, but I'm still devastated. I feel like there's a piece missing. I often look at people wondering if they could be him. My other brother couldn't make it to my wedding. We're not that close so I dealt with it. I felt like someone was missing though and it was the brother that was placed. I have some information just regarding the adoption which was closed. I have always known about him. Is there idea's on how to locate him? I have searched the adoption websites before but there was nothing. Even if he wants nothing to do with me, he needs to know of our family history. Colon cancer has already taken 3 lives in my family and I want him to know. Him knowing could save him.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 1:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Vikki77
by Silver Member on Apr. 15, 2013 at 2:14 PM
Are you on Facebook? How much info do you have? Although I don't think it takes much info, every bit helps. Have you tried working with a search Angel?

Anyway, welcome to the group. Personally I think you do belong here. We have all voices from the adoption world, not just birthmom's, and I think every voice counts. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
starmoonlight
by New Member on Apr. 15, 2013 at 2:26 PM
Thank you! :) I have his birth name, ssn at birth, birthdate, hospital and my mom said a few months ago that she thinks his adoptive family lived east of Cleveland, Ohio at the time.
What is a search angel?

Quoting Vikki77:

Are you on Facebook? How much info do you have? Although I don't think it takes much info, every bit helps. Have you tried working with a search Angel?

Anyway, welcome to the group. Personally I think you do belong here. We have all voices from the adoption world, not just birthmom's, and I think every voice counts. :)

Vikki77
by Silver Member on Apr. 15, 2013 at 2:46 PM
A search Angel helps you find your adopted family fir free. Search in here for the Adoption group and in the sticky posts there is a post for a search Angel named CandyE. Send her a message. I will also get another mom here to post links for you. I'm not sure, but this looks like it will be an easy one for the right person. Good luck and keep us updated.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Vikki77
by Silver Member on Apr. 15, 2013 at 2:52 PM
Sorry the name of the group is Adoption Reunion and in the sticky posts it had a post titled Search Angel. That's CandyE. And I messaged another mom to come help you with clickable links. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
onethentwins
by Gold Member on Apr. 15, 2013 at 3:58 PM
1 mom liked this

You're right, birth siblings are often forgotten. Sorry for your loss. With the information you have, I think Candy has a good chance of helping you out. Welcome to the group and good luck!

Aislin
by Bronze Member on Apr. 15, 2013 at 4:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the group. I also think you belong here. I don't know much about searching but I'm sure some of the wonderful ladies here can help give you some ideas.

I am so sorry for the pain you feel from being separated from your brother. You are right, many forget the other children involved and that is a shame.

vampporcupine
by Silver Member on Apr. 15, 2013 at 7:31 PM

Welcome to the group. I also agree that society forgets that siblings and other family members have lost a member of thier family. The impact of such a loss has significate ramifications for all of the remaining family members. 

I'm also sorry for the loss of your brother. I hope you find him and Candy is te best person to help you. 

2jeffsmom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 1:58 AM

Yes, of course you belong here! I hope you can find your brother soon. I imagine he wants to find you too.

purplelibra0006
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 9:02 AM
Oh, I understand how you feel!
Welcome welcome!

I found my birth sister on Facebook in a couple of days. It was amazing!

I hope you have the best of luck finding your brother. The feeling is so great. I'm positive someone will be able to help.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
starmoonlight
by New Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 7:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you ladies! I have contacted Candy and she agreed to take me on. I cried. I really hope something comes from this. I never leave him out when people ask about other siblings. My daughters know they have another uncle. I have a lot of hope in meeting him someday.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)