Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I GOT my OBC!

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2014 at 6:51 AM
  • 24 Replies
  • 637 Total Views
3 moms liked this
Boy that felt good and right!
I didn't have to have any counseling to see if I'm stable enough to hold the historical facts of my birth. I paid the $20- and waited just a couple weeks and- it's mine! Legally!

But you know what they kinda cheated my mom.
What were they thinking in releasing it to me when Mom has been promised at least twice now that her identity would be protected from me.
Once when she surrendered me at birth to a closed adoption and then AGAIN when my confidential intermediary went 'discreetly' to her front door and got her written
refusal of the disclosure her identity to me. Her wishes are on RECORD!!

Quote " the confidential intermediary shall report the refusal to the court and shall refrain from further and subsequent inquiry without judicial approval. "

Did they just pull another flim flam on these "promises" they make to Mothers who don't want to be found??!?
I think they did.
Assholes that sell empty promises and LIES in adoption suck!
by on Jul. 14, 2014 at 6:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
vampporcupine
by Silver Member on Jul. 14, 2014 at 9:30 AM
1 mom liked this

Congratulations! I don't think that any mother should be able to hide her identity from her child. If she wishes to refuse them she can do it to their face. 

Aislin
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2014 at 11:07 AM
2 moms liked this

Congrats! I agree with Vamp that no mother should be able to deny and adoptee their BC. However, yep they pretty much lied to her yet again and then betrayed her trust. I don't think mom's are really seen as people so it doesn't matter to most if they are lied to. It sucks but they never should have given her the option of denying you basic human rights to begin with.

Ms.KitKat
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2014 at 4:34 PM

How do you feel now? now that you have that piece of paper?

And do you know what your next step will be? Is there a next step?

onethentwins
by Gold Member on Jul. 14, 2014 at 4:35 PM
1 mom liked this

I've watched Jean Strauss's documentary "A simple piece of paper. Now I can imagine you looking and feeling like those adoptees in that documentary did.  Congratulations Mel, I'm happy for you. 

adopteeme
by Bronze Member on Jul. 15, 2014 at 1:52 PM
3 moms liked this
Quoting Ms.KitKat:

That paper is validating that I WAS born to my Mother!!.
That I DO have a history and story BEFORE being adopted.
That legislature and society are getting closer to the thought that there is NO valid reason why anyone should be treated differently for factors beyond their control. (Who parented us).

What's my next step- adoption related?
It's never ending Kat. I will die with being an adoptee tagged to me and my family.
In the immediate future, adoption related, just have a plan to exercise my vote and volunteer for the campaign of my State rep running against the Judicial Committee Chairman here in Maryland, where I live. 40 years is LONG enough for his "service" of cronyism to his criminal trial cliental and his church.

And in my real everyday life - I am going to get to tell my Mom that she's going to be a Great Grandmother! What a gift to share that with her! She's the last surviving parent for both hubby and I.
Ms.KitKat
by Bronze Member on Jul. 15, 2014 at 3:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting adopteeme:
Quoting Ms.KitKat:

That paper is validating that I WAS born to my Mother!!. That I DO have a history and story BEFORE being adopted. That legislature and society are getting closer to the thought that there is NO valid reason why anyone should be treated differently for factors beyond their control. (Who parented us). What's my next step- adoption related? It's never ending Kat. I will die with being an adoptee tagged to me and my family. In the immediate future, adoption related, just have a plan to exercise my vote and volunteer for the campaign of my State rep running against the Judicial Committee Chairman here in Maryland, where I live. 40 years is LONG enough for his "service" of cronyism to his criminal trial cliental and his church. And in my real everyday life - I am going to get to tell my Mom that she's going to be a Great Grandmother! What a gift to share that with her! She's the last surviving parent for both hubby and I.

I am very happy for you!

and Congrats on the newest addition of your family :)

drfink
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2014 at 1:02 AM
1 mom liked this

Double congratulations.

Typical adoption industry crap ...say whatever works  ,smh.

JoesGirl
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2014 at 3:24 PM
2 moms liked this

Mel, I am just absolutelu estatic for you!!!

You should have never been denied this information to begin with & I am glad you finally have it in your hot little hands.  (insert snoopy dance here)

Iimagine it would feel validating.  congratz!!!

onethentwins
by Gold Member on Jul. 16, 2014 at 7:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting JoesGirl:

Mel, I am just absolutelu estatic for you!!!

You should have never been denied this information to begin with & I am glad you finally have it in your hot little hands.  (insert snoopy dance here)

Iimagine it would feel validating.  congratz!!!

Joes,  I'd just like to take a moment here to acknoledge all that you do fighting for Adoptee Rights and Open Records.  I think you can give yourself a pat on the back for your share in this.

clapping

mrsary
by Member on Jul. 16, 2014 at 7:07 PM
1 mom liked this
I bet that is a great feeling!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN