Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Look At This

Posted by on Jun. 11, 2016 at 2:11 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 462 Total Views

Mobile Photo

Tucker was born 5-31 at 1:03pm. He weighed 7lbs 10oz and 19.5in long. I can honestly day I am 100% ok with his adoption bc it is a decision I made with zero pressure. Would I advocate for adoptions now? No. But I do know and realize I had/have a somewhat unique situation. I am relieved this time around that I am not facing the same mental obstacles with him as I did with my daughter. Tucker and Layla are in same home, btw. She knows she's adopted and knows he is too. She's too young to undetstand that they are actually related...but I am excited for them to learn I tried and succeeded on putting them together.
by on Jun. 11, 2016 at 2:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
vampporcupine
by Silver Member on Jun. 11, 2016 at 10:07 PM
1 mom liked this

😥 I'm so sorry Layne. I'm so sad for you even though I'm glad your children are together. 

socrzyblonde
by Bronze Member on Jun. 11, 2016 at 10:11 PM
With Tucker, it was me making the best out of shitty circumstances. And I did.

Quoting vampporcupine:

😥 I'm so sorry Layne. I'm so sad for you even though I'm glad your children are together. 

2jeffsmom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2016 at 1:59 AM

Adorable!

vampporcupine
by Silver Member on Jun. 12, 2016 at 3:22 PM

Did they say that they are going to let Layla know that he is her real brother? Were you able to talk with them at all or just through the worker? Will they honor any agreements this time? 

Quoting socrzyblonde: With Tucker, it was me making the best out of shitty circumstances. And I did.
Quoting vampporcupine:

socrzyblonde
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2016 at 9:26 PM
I invited them to hospital and when they came, we talked for awhile. Long story short, turns out the sw's we had before are who lacked communication skills, which is why everything was messed up. They are honoring our agreement and my requests so far. Layla knows she is adodpted and they plan on telling her when she's a tad older about them being related.

Quoting vampporcupine:

Did they say that they are going to let Layla know that he is her real brother? Were you able to talk with them at all or just through the worker? Will they honor any agreements this time? 

Quoting socrzyblonde: With Tucker, it was me making the best out of shitty circumstances. And I did.

Quoting vampporcupine:

doodlebopfan
by Silver Member on Jun. 19, 2016 at 11:12 PM
He is a doll! Layla is getting so big! If you had to choose adoption, I am glad he and Layla could be together. Also glad that you and her adoptive parents are communicating now. How are Jaxon and Asher? Is Jaxon almost 5? Asher just had his 1st birthday! Have been thinking about you and your little ones. Glad to hear from you. :)
socrzyblonde
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2016 at 11:20 PM
3 moms liked this
I am beyond happy they are together! Jax will be 3 in July and yes, Asher just turned a year June 2nd. I can't believe how fast time flies. And thank you...Tucker was so tiny and did seem like a doll. I've been told that he hardly cries and is very alert and aware.

I still have no regrets with my decision, nor am I 2nd guessing myself. That shows me right there that I made this decision on my own.

Quoting doodlebopfan: He is a doll! Layla is getting so big! If you had to choose adoption, I am glad he and Layla could be together. Also glad that you and her adoptive parents are communicating now. How are Jaxon and Asher? Is Jaxon almost 5? Asher just had his 1st birthday! Have been thinking about you and your little ones. Glad to hear from you. :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)