Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Zara Phillips & DNA cont

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2017 at 3:49 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 202 Total Views
OTT,

Good for Zara! I hope her reunion goes well!

I'm seeing a lot of Father finds on a popular DNA group. And so many of them were never aware of a pregnancy, a child, and an adoption. It's an emotional trigger.
How #$&@'ing dare adoption cheat these men out of knowing and acting on the knowledge.

From the sounds of the stories I've heard about my Father he was a Mac Daddy. And he most likely would have been ok with my adoption. So what was the harm in informing him and thousands of others? The slim chance they'd fight the all powerful agency for their child? Rrrgh

I'm still stuck on my paternal grandfather & the DNA. It's not going to be solved easy. The 3rd great grandparents had NINETY SIX grandchildren!!!!!! 96!
I've placed about a third of that number in cousin matches on my mirror tree. I'm just going to have to wait out a closer match.
More adoptees are coming out on my matches. So far 6 of them. The newest one is my grand uncles child. She is 84 years old and I am ever so happy for her to know!
by on Jun. 19, 2017 at 3:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
adopteeme
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 4:13 AM
Forgot to ask you.
Do you have any CA angels in support group?

I could really use a lookup. Yuba City.
Public records are not giving me enough to place this cousin with her parents.
I have her married/maiden names. Year of birth. Current location. Marriage detail off CA index. And info on a child. I'm thinking the married/maiden name might just be a second marriage.

Does CA marriage index always give the brides maiden name if she's been married previously?

Thanks for any helps you can pass my way OTT!
vampporcupine
by Silver Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 10:28 AM
1 mom liked this

I had a 4th cousin adoptee match for my husband. He seemed to think he was a closer match than he was. I gave him the generational lines and he tried to tell me they must be wrong! Ha ha. Anyways, I gave him the info I could even though he wanted it to be more. 

Unfortunately, many of my genetic matches aren't interested in figuring out where we match. So I don't think it's just the "A" word. 

onethentwins
by Gold Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 5:40 PM
1 mom liked this

In CA there's a guy who apparantly has some kind of access to birth records because he can find anybody.  But the people who know who he is are very secretive with his name.  For any state, the person I send people to is Coco Brush.  She's in Oregon but her son lives near me in CA. cocobrush@gmail.com

Quoting adopteeme: Forgot to ask you. Do you have any CA angels in support group? I could really use a lookup. Yuba City. Public records are not giving me enough to place this cousin with her parents. I have her married/maiden names. Year of birth. Current location. Marriage detail off CA index. And info on a child. I'm thinking the married/maiden name might just be a second marriage. Does CA marriage index always give the brides maiden name if she's been married previously? Thanks for any helps you can pass my way OTT!

onethentwins
by Gold Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 5:43 PM

Agreed.  It's disgusting that these men didn't know, I flew to Hawaii to tell Danny's father. I'll admit, if he'd decided to raise Danny I probably would have raised him myself, but I knew he had the right to know.  

Quoting adopteeme:  And so many of them were never aware of a pregnancy, a child, and an adoption. It's an emotional trigger. How #$&@'ing dare adoption cheat these men out of knowing and acting on the knowledge.  

adopteeme
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 5:56 PM
Thank you!!!!! <3

Quoting onethentwins:

In CA there's a guy who apparantly has some kind of access to birth records because he can find anybody.  But the people who know who he is are very secretive with his name.  For any state, the person I send people to is Coco Brush.  She's in Oregon but her son lives near me in CA. cocobrush@gmail.com

Quoting adopteeme: Forgot to ask you.
Do you have any CA angels in support group?

I could really use a lookup. Yuba City.
Public records are not giving me enough to place this cousin with her parents.
I have her married/maiden names. Year of birth. Current location. Marriage detail off CA index. And info on a child. I'm thinking the married/maiden name might just be a second marriage.

Does CA marriage index always give the brides maiden name if she's been married previously?

Thanks for any helps you can pass my way OTT!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)