Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Adoptees/Birthmoms Searching

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2008 at 10:47 AM
  • 47 Replies
  • 4034 Total Views
Hi Ladies: 
I've gotten a number of emails asking if I know of a "Jane" or a "Sue" who adopted in 1963 in Podunk, Arkansas, etc.  (Sorry if I offended anyone in Arkansas)    ;)

So.... hopefully this will be a help.  We have almost 600 members in our group!  If you are searching for your birthmom/parents, or if you are a birthmom looking for your child, please post to the following.  My prayer is that this will help bring about more reunions and further healing can begin!  Good luck to all ~

Who are you looking for?  Mom?  Child?
Where were you/your child born?
Birthdate?
Do you know their name?

If you went through an agency, I would also try contacting them (please no Agency bashing - there are many corrupt agencies out there, but we want to use all avenues to help reunite)

Please do not publish your address or phone number in these posts; communicate privately for everyone's protection.

Thanks and let us all know how it goes!
by on Jun. 2, 2008 at 10:47 AM
Replies (1-10):
OSU_BULLET
by New Member on Jun. 3, 2008 at 1:52 PM

Well... I suppose that, someone has to be the first to respond.  So it might as well be me.  This is, a very fitting first response, since I am new to this group. 

I am an Adult Adoptee, looking for my birth-parents.  Furthermore, I will not use the abbreviations.  Whereas, I am familiar with the lingo.  Never-the-less, here is my post.

~I am searching for my birth-parents~

I am a female. 
Born-  March 11, 1970.
Born At-  St. Francis Hospital, Beach Grove, Indiana.
Relinquished-  At birth.
Foster Care-  For about my first three months.
Foster Mother-  Called me Julie.  However, this is not my name.
                        Nor, do I know if it ever was my real name.       
Adoption Agency-  Marion County Department Of Public Welfare.

Birth Mother-  Was 16 years old, at the time of my birth.
Birth Father-   Was 19 years old, at the time of my birth.
Birth Mother-  Stood about 5 ' 6 in height.
Birth Father-   Stood about 5 ' 9 in height.
Birth Mother-  Had sandy blond hair and blue eyes.
Birth Father-   Had dark hair and dark eyes. 
Birth Mother-  Had an identical twin sister.
Birth Father-   Lived in same neighborhood as birth mother.
Birth Mother-  Was artist.
Birth Mother-  Had completed two years of High School.
Birth Mother-  Was Born in Indiana.   
Birth Parents- Were unmarried, at the time of my birth.
Birth Parents-  I have no idea, of their actual names. 

I hope this story, or these people looks familiar to someone.  Whereas, my children and family, are in need of, an updated family medical history.  This will benefit myself, as well as my children. Have a great day! Thank you all, for letting me post this. 

mum88
by Member on Jun. 4, 2008 at 1:58 PM

Quoting OSU_BULLET:

Well... I suppose that, someone has to be the first to respond.  So it might as well be me.  This is, a very fitting first response, since I am new to this group. 

I am an Adult Adoptee, looking for my birth-parents.  Furthermore, I will not use the abbreviations.  Whereas, I am familiar with the lingo.  Never-the-less, here is my post.

~I am searching for my birth-parents~

I am a female. 
Born-  March 11, 1970.
Born At-  St. Francis Hospital, Beach Grove, Indiana.
Relinquished-  At birth.
Foster Care-  For about my first three months.
Foster Mother-  Called me Julie.  However, this is not my name.
                        Nor, do I know if it ever was my real name.       
Adoption Agency-  Marion County Department Of Public Welfare.

Birth Mother-  Was 16 years old, at the time of my birth.
Birth Father-   Was 19 years old, at the time of my birth.
Birth Mother-  Stood about 5 ' 6 in height.
Birth Father-   Stood about 5 ' 9 in height.
Birth Mother-  Had sandy blond hair and blue eyes.
Birth Father-   Had dark hair and dark eyes. 
Birth Mother-  Had an identical twin sister.
Birth Father-   Lived in same neighborhood as birth mother.
Birth Mother-  Was artist.
Birth Mother-  Had completed two years of High School.
Birth Mother-  Was Born in Indiana.   
Birth Parents- Were unmarried, at the time of my birth.
Birth Parents-  I have no idea, of their actual names. 

I hope this story, or these people looks familiar to someone.  Whereas, my children and family, are in need of, an updated family medical history.  This will benefit myself, as well as my children. Have a great day! Thank you all, for letting me post this. 

Have you gotten your NonID?
Are you still in IND?
contact melyadopt@gmail.com (melissa shelton) she is an adoptee, has experience in searching and is the Indiana State Rep for the AAC.

Lynne

www.americanadoptioncongress.org (Midwest Regional Director)

www.adoptionscams.net (co-founder)

OSU_BULLET
by New Member on Jun. 4, 2008 at 2:48 PM
Yes, I received that information long ago.  No, I do not reside in Indiana.  I moved from there in 1984.  However, I do go back every June.  Although, we are not going back this year.  Whereas, my Mom just passed away in February.  Thank you for the help.  ~B~
Caiged
by Member on Jun. 18, 2008 at 12:20 AM
Lookning for BFamily

I am female
Born 09/13/1973 in Kenton Ohio
Relinquished at birth
In foster care for 2 months, then placed with my afamily
Hardin County Children's Services (?) handled my adoption.
Adoption finalized in Hardin County

Bmom name is Judy
I have 2 Bsisters (older) and a bbrother (younger)
Family resided in Mt. Victory Ohio
Bmom worked in a post office (or so I am told)
Bmom remarried

If this is familiar to anyone, please let me know.
Southernroots
by Group Admin on Jun. 18, 2008 at 12:36 AM

Quote:

Ohio has a birth index which can be very useful in searches.  I was helping a young college student search a few years ago who was adopted in Ohio and by looking at the birth index, a search angel found her birth name. 

I typed into Yahoo, Ohio search angel and here is one that came up. I do not know her, but she mentions that she has the birth index.

http://adoption.about.com/od/searchangels/p/OhioSearchAngel.htm

Here are two links from the e-book that I wrote for adoption.com:

http://reunion.adoption.com/adoption-records/search-reunion-ebook.html

http://reunion.adoption.com/adoption-records/ohio-5.html
Group Owner - Pregnant and Considering Options
http://www.cafemom.com/group/26942
LOOKING4HER
by Member on Jun. 18, 2008 at 6:58 PM

I AM A BIRTHMOTHER. LOOKING FOR MY DAUGHTER.                                              SHE WAS BORN SEPTEMBER22,1990, IN GAVESTON, TEXAS. THE NAME THAT HER ADOPTIVE PARENTS GAVE HER (or so i was told ) IS MOLLY KATE.   SHE IS BIRACIAL. MY NAME IS CYNTHIA MORGAN ,THE FATHER IS LISTED AS ANTHONY SCOTT GARCIA. THE PEOPLE THAT ADOPTED HER GAVE ME THE NAMES JACKIE & TOM. THEY HAD A FRIEND NAMED GAIL THAT SENT ME A THANK YOU CARD. I WAS TOLD THAT  THE FATHER  WORKED FOR NASA, AND THAT THE MOTHER WAS A PROFESSOR ,AND THAT SHE ALSO TAUGHT SAILING. ON SOME OF THE FEW AND ONLY PICTURES I RECIEVED ,I SAW A DIAPER BAG WITH THE NAME MOLLY EMBROIDERED ON IT. IALSO SAW A FULL LENGTH CHILD SIZE FUR COAT IN THE BACK GROUND AND A T-SHIRT THAT HAD CSU WITH A PICTURE OF A BUFFALO ON IT. I BELIEVE THAT THE MOTHER HAD CHILDREN BEFORE BUT THE FATHER HADN'T. SHE WAS BEAUTIFUL,TALL WITH DARK HAIR AND WORE A GOLD NECKLACE WITH A SAILBOAT ON IT. HE WAS KINDOF A RED HEAD WITH A FULL MUSTACHE AND BEARD AND SEEMED TO BE VERY KIND. THESE PARENTS ARE BOTH WHITE , MY DAUGHTER IS BIRACIAL SO SHE WILL STAND OUT, ALSO WHEN SHE WAS LITTLE THEY SAID SHE WAS GOING TO BE TALL, HER BIRTH FATHER IS ABOUT 6'6 & I AM ONLY 5'4. ANYWAY  IF ANYTHING EVEN SEEMS FAMILIAR OR RELATED PLEASE POST. WHO KNOWS SHE MAY BE SEARCHING AS WELL.
LOOKING4HER
onecrzymom
by Member on Jun. 19, 2008 at 3:23 PM
Also.....I helped someone once, by putting in adoption search angels into google with your state that you were placed. These are people in the triad who help for free sometimes a small fee. I am a birthmom, who was reunited with my bson who I placed at Edna Gladney in 1989. I hired a searcher though, because mine was private and I had NO clues. She found him in 1 day, and ultimately off pics from myspace, because he looks alot like me....I hope you find your Bparents. I know it is like a closed chapter in my life, and I am just elated to know him, even if we do not see each other but once a yr.
Quoting Caiged:

Lookning for BFamily

I am female
Relinquished at birth
In foster care for 2 months, then placed with my afamily
Hardin County Children's Services (?) handled my adoption.
Adoption finalized in Hardin County

Bmom name is Judy
I have 2 Bsisters (older) and a bbrother (younger)
Family resided in Mt. Victory Ohio
Bmom worked in a post office (or so I am told)
Bmom remarried

If this is familiar to anyone, please let me know.

~~~"LiFe'S a BeAcH~~~CaTcH a WaVe"~~~

Administrator of "MARRIAGE UNCENSORED"Come join the NO RULES, NO LOCKS group~

Caiged
by Member on Jun. 23, 2008 at 9:15 AM
I registered at the Adoption Registry website yesterday, and this morning I had infomraiton from a search angel in my email! I have info on my bmom, but she doesn't want to see me. However, I now have info on one of my bsisters, so there may be hope in contacting them!

Shannon R Seiler (adopted by bmom's husband, now Overly).

There is one other bsister and a younger bbrother, all with 'Overly" as the last name. (Her husband adopted both the girls, then they had a son together).
onecrzymom
by Member on Jun. 23, 2008 at 10:57 PM
So my info helped you , or did you know about search angels already? I had to hire someone to find my son, because her name was already given to me and she was also a Gladney birthmom, so she did it for free. But I had NO info on him only that his MOm was a nurse, and approx ages of parents. But he is coming this Friday again to see me, its been a yr and a half since last time so....Im so excited. I hope all of you find who your looking for, it is so weird at first but so calming, because its like a close to a chapter!
Quoting Caiged:

I registered at the Adoption Registry website yesterday, and this morning I had infomraiton from a search angel in my email! I have info on my bmom, but she doesn't want to see me. However, I now have info on one of my bsisters, so there may be hope in contacting them!

Shannon R Seiler (adopted by bmom's husband, now Overly).

There is one other bsister and a younger bbrother, all with 'Overly" as the last name. (Her husband adopted both the girls, then they had a son together).

~~~"LiFe'S a BeAcH~~~CaTcH a WaVe"~~~

Mom of 3 crazy SOccEr kiDs!

Come see our group where there is fun NOT bashing! and NO LOCKS on the posts, so post what ya want! MARRIAGE UNCENSORED http://www.cafemom.com/group/49847

Caiged
by Member on Jun. 23, 2008 at 11:05 PM

Quoting onecrzymom:

So my info helped you , or did you know about search angels already? I had to hire someone to find my son, because her name was already given to me and she was also a Gladney birthmom, so she did it for free. But I had NO info on him only that his MOm was a nurse, and approx ages of parents. But he is coming this Friday again to see me, its been a yr and a half since last time so....Im so excited. I hope all of you find who your looking for, it is so weird at first but so calming, because its like a close to a chapter!

The website you gave was the one the angel was with, so yes, it helped! :) I couldn't believe how quickly I received a response. It was amazing!

I'm hoping to someday meet my bfamily. I had some info on my bmom, and had sent her a letter last fall but have not received a response, which saddens me, but I can understand. I also remain hopeful that one day I will hear from her and possibly be able to meet with her.

Now that I have the names of two of my bsiblings, I would love to find them and see if they would like to meet. I'm not sure if it will happen, but there is always that chance!

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)