Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

MAKING MY LIFE COUNT NO MATTER WHAT!!

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:07 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 200 Total Views

Just a quick update the Buffalo NY plane crash was 10 miles from where I work. I was called in for the dias team and we cried when they told us no survivors. Needless to say I will make each moment count. We talked about the "WHAT  IFS" and since the airport and community is so close to my job my nerves were a reck.  I realize this could happen anytime or place but what I see is myself counting my blessings more and making each moment count. How fragile we really are in this life is my lesson of the day. Mlouangel mini

WISCONSON3

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
stillamom1213
by on Feb. 14, 2009 at 2:09 AM

I'm so sorry that this has all happened. Really puts things into perspective. Here if you need suport. Much love-me

PortAngeles1969
by Group Owner on Feb. 14, 2009 at 11:58 AM

Your heart astounds me!!!  What a tragedy and sudden reminder that we are not guaranteed a tomorrow - yes, today is what we have the ability to make count!

Big hugs my dear MLOU

PortAngeles1969   www.postadoptioncoach.com

Group Owner:
Adoption
http://www.cafemom.com/group/adoption  
Group Administrator: Birthmoms http://www.cafemom.com/group/birthmoms

chrise299
by on Feb. 14, 2009 at 12:05 PM

Hi Mlou,

I so understand and feel it all over again. I survived a plane crash into a mall, another lady in front of me did not make it, that's when I decided to live with my pain one day  at a time or even minutes. You never forget. Love to All.

chrise

snowwillow
by Member on Feb. 14, 2009 at 1:47 PM

hugs

Boofer
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2009 at 8:04 PM

Mlou, I am so sorry to hear that.  I have been isolated from the news for a few days and had no idea.  My prayers and with you.  You are right to find a positive thought in such a time of tragedy. 

Mother of 3, raised 2 - I lost my son to adoption June 1989.  I gave up my right to parent him; I kept my right to love him!.  Reunited with my son 8/13/07.  In his eyes, I may or may not ever be his mom, but he will always be my son. 

Favorite Quote:  "Love is infinite; you can always make more when you need it" - Twitches, Disney Channel Movie

Southernroots
by Group Admin on Feb. 15, 2009 at 8:41 PM

There's a lot to be said for trying to make your life matter.   I sometimes thing near brushes with death of our own or near us do serve to remind us of how fortunate we are and how we SHOULD try to cherish our lives. Sorry that you had to experience this, but, glad it is making you appreciate your life. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)