Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Adoptees Searching: Please post your known details here

Posted by on Feb. 24, 2009 at 8:35 PM
  • 26 Replies
  • 1830 Total Views

I'm going to try to untangle the historical posts from the general discussion forum and place them all here.  We should have separate threads for adoptees searching and natural / birth / first moms searching.

PortAngeles1969   www.postadoptioncoach.com

Group Owner:
Adoption
http://www.cafemom.com/group/adoption  
Group Administrator: Birthmoms http://www.cafemom.com/group/birthmoms

by on Feb. 24, 2009 at 8:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PortAngeles1969
by Group Owner on Feb. 24, 2009 at 8:45 PM
OSU_BULLET

by on Jun. 3, 2008 at 10:52 AM

Well... I suppose that, someone has to be the first to respond.  So it might as well be me.  This is, a very fitting first response, since I am new to this group. 

I am an Adult Adoptee, looking for my birth-parents.  Furthermore, I will not use the abbreviations.  Whereas, I am familiar with the lingo.  Never-the-less, here is my post.

~I am searching for my birth-parents~

I am a female. 
Born-  March 11, 1970.
Born At-  St. Francis Hospital, Beach Grove, Indiana.
Relinquished-  At birth.
Foster Care-  For about my first three months.
Foster Mother-  Called me Julie.  However, this is not my name.
                        Nor, do I know if it ever was my real name.       
Adoption Agency-  Marion County Department Of Public Welfare.

Birth Mother-  Was 16 years old, at the time of my birth.
Birth Father-   Was 19 years old, at the time of my birth.
Birth Mother-  Stood about 5 ' 6 in height.
Birth Father-   Stood about 5 ' 9 in height.
Birth Mother-  Had sandy blond hair and blue eyes.
Birth Father-   Had dark hair and dark eyes. 
Birth Mother-  Had an identical twin sister.
Birth Father-   Lived in same neighborhood as birth mother.
Birth Mother-  Was artist.
Birth Mother-  Had completed two years of High School.
Birth Mother-  Was Born in Indiana.   
Birth Parents- Were unmarried, at the time of my birth.
Birth Parents-  I have no idea, of their actual names. 

I hope this story, or these people looks familiar to someone.  Whereas, my children and family, are in need of, an updated family medical history.  This will benefit myself, as well as my children. Have a great day! Thank you all, for letting me post this. 

mum88

by on Jun. 4, 2008 at 10:58 AM

Quoting OSU_BULLET:

Well... I suppose that, someone has to be the first to respond.  So it might as well be me.  This is, a very fitting first response, since I am new to this group. 

I am an Adult Adoptee, looking for my birth-parents.  Furthermore, I will not use the abbreviations.  Whereas, I am familiar with the lingo.  Never-the-less, here is my post.

~I am searching for my birth-parents~

I am a female. 
Born-  March 11, 1970.
Born At-  St. Francis Hospital, Beach Grove, Indiana.
Relinquished-  At birth.
Foster Care-  For about my first three months.
Foster Mother-  Called me Julie.  However, this is not my name.
                        Nor, do I know if it ever was my real name.       
Adoption Agency-  Marion County Department Of Public Welfare.

Birth Mother-  Was 16 years old, at the time of my birth.
Birth Father-   Was 19 years old, at the time of my birth.
Birth Mother-  Stood about 5 ' 6 in height.
Birth Father-   Stood about 5 ' 9 in height.
Birth Mother-  Had sandy blond hair and blue eyes.
Birth Father-   Had dark hair and dark eyes. 
Birth Mother-  Had an identical twin sister.
Birth Father-   Lived in same neighborhood as birth mother.
Birth Mother-  Was artist.
Birth Mother-  Had completed two years of High School.
Birth Mother-  Was Born in Indiana.   
Birth Parents- Were unmarried, at the time of my birth.
Birth Parents-  I have no idea, of their actual names. 

I hope this story, or these people looks familiar to someone.  Whereas, my children and family, are in need of, an updated family medical history.  This will benefit myself, as well as my children. Have a great day! Thank you all, for letting me post this. 

Have you gotten your NonID?
Are you still in IND?
contact melyadopt@gmail.com (melissa shelton) she is an adoptee, has experience in searching and is the Indiana State Rep for the AAC.

Lynne

www.americanadoptioncongress.org (Midwest Regional Director)

www.adoptionscams.net (co-founder)

OSU_BULLET

by on Jun. 4, 2008 at 11:48 AM

Yes, I received that information long ago.  No, I do not reside in Indiana.  I moved from there in 1984.  However, I do go back every June.  Although, we are not going back this year.  Whereas, my Mom just passed away in February.  Thank you for the help.  ~B~
PortAngeles1969
by Group Owner on Feb. 24, 2009 at 8:46 PM
Caiged

by on Jun. 17, 2008 at 9:20 PM

Lookning for BFamily

I am female
Born 09/13/1973 in Kenton Ohio
Relinquished at birth
In foster care for 2 months, then placed with my afamily
Hardin County Children's Services (?) handled my adoption.
Adoption finalized in Hardin County

Bmom name is Judy
I have 2 Bsisters (older) and a bbrother (younger)
Family resided in Mt. Victory Ohio
Bmom worked in a post office (or so I am told)
Bmom remarried

If this is familiar to anyone, please let me know.
Southernroots

by on Jun. 17, 2008 at 9:36 PM

Quote:

Ohio has a birth index which can be very useful in searches.  I was helping a young college student search a few years ago who was adopted in Ohio and by looking at the birth index, a search angel found her birth name. 

I typed into Yahoo, Ohio search angel and here is one that came up. I do not know her, but she mentions that she has the birth index.

http://adoption.about.com/od/searchangels/p/OhioSearchAngel.htm

Here are two links from the e-book that I wrote for adoption.com:

http://reunion.adoption.com/adoption-records/search-reunion-ebook.html

http://reunion.adoption.com/adoption-records/ohio-5.html
Group Owner - Pregnant and Considering Options
http://www.cafemom.com/group/26942
PortAngeles1969
by Group Owner on Feb. 24, 2009 at 8:51 PM

by on Jun. 19, 2008 at 12:23 PM

Also.....I helped someone once, by putting in adoption search angels into google with your state that you were placed. These are people in the triad who help for free sometimes a small fee. I am a birthmom, who was reunited with my bson who I placed at Edna Gladney in 1989. I hired a searcher though, because mine was private and I had NO clues. She found him in 1 day, and ultimately off pics from myspace, because he looks alot like me....I hope you find your Bparents. I know it is like a closed chapter in my life, and I am just elated to know him, even if we do not see each other but once a yr.
Quoting Caiged:

Lookning for BFamily

I am female
Relinquished at birth
In foster care for 2 months, then placed with my afamily
Hardin County Children's Services (?) handled my adoption.
Adoption finalized in Hardin County

Bmom name is Judy
I have 2 Bsisters (older) and a bbrother (younger)
Family resided in Mt. Victory Ohio
Bmom worked in a post office (or so I am told)
Bmom remarried

If this is familiar to anyone, please let me know.

~~~"LiFe'S a BeAcH~~~CaTcH a WaVe"~~~

Administrator of "MARRIAGE UNCENSORED"Come join the NO RULES, NO LOCKS group~

Caiged

by on Jun. 23, 2008 at 6:15 AM

I registered at the Adoption Registry website yesterday, and this morning I had infomraiton from a search angel in my email! I have info on my bmom, but she doesn't want to see me. However, I now have info on one of my bsisters, so there may be hope in contacting them!

Shannon R Seiler (adopted by bmom's husband, now Overly).

There is one other bsister and a younger bbrother, all with 'Overly" as the last name. (Her husband adopted both the girls, then they had a son together).
onecrzymom

by on Jun. 23, 2008 at 7:57 PM

So my info helped you , or did you know about search angels already? I had to hire someone to find my son, because her name was already given to me and she was also a Gladney birthmom, so she did it for free. But I had NO info on him only that his MOm was a nurse, and approx ages of parents. But he is coming this Friday again to see me, its been a yr and a half since last time so....Im so excited. I hope all of you find who your looking for, it is so weird at first but so calming, because its like a close to a chapter!
Quoting Caiged:

I registered at the Adoption Registry website yesterday, and this morning I had infomraiton from a search angel in my email! I have info on my bmom, but she doesn't want to see me. However, I now have info on one of my bsisters, so there may be hope in contacting them!

Shannon R Seiler (adopted by bmom's husband, now Overly).

There is one other bsister and a younger bbrother, all with 'Overly" as the last name. (Her husband adopted both the girls, then they had a son together).

~~~"LiFe'S a BeAcH~~~CaTcH a WaVe"~~~

Mom of 3 crazy SOccEr kiDs!

Come see our group where there is fun NOT bashing! and NO LOCKS on the posts, so post what ya want! MARRIAGE UNCENSORED http://www.cafemom.com/group/49847

Caiged

by on Jun. 23, 2008 at 8:05 PM

Quoting onecrzymom:

So my info helped you , or did you know about search angels already? I had to hire someone to find my son, because her name was already given to me and she was also a Gladney birthmom, so she did it for free. But I had NO info on him only that his MOm was a nurse, and approx ages of parents. But he is coming this Friday again to see me, its been a yr and a half since last time so....Im so excited. I hope all of you find who your looking for, it is so weird at first but so calming, because its like a close to a chapter!

The website you gave was the one the angel was with, so yes, it helped! :) I couldn't believe how quickly I received a response. It was amazing!

I'm hoping to someday meet my bfamily. I had some info on my bmom, and had sent her a letter last fall but have not received a response, which saddens me, but I can understand. I also remain hopeful that one day I will hear from her and possibly be able to meet with her.

Now that I have the names of two of my bsiblings, I would love to find them and see if they would like to meet. I'm not sure if it will happen, but there is always that chance!
PortAngeles1969
by Group Owner on Feb. 24, 2009 at 8:54 PM
Caiged

by on Jun. 23, 2008 at 8:16 PM

I'm not sure how good this site is, but it's free to register.

http://www.isrr.net/faq.shtml
Caiged

by on Jun. 24, 2008 at 6:18 AM

I am becomming a search angel! I'm 'in training' with a team now, but hoepfully I'll be able to help more once I see how their methods/resources work. I'm sooo excited to help others find their families!
gail205

by on Jun. 24, 2008 at 10:46 AM

I registered with isrr.net & they found my daugter within a week of receiving my information; she was already registered with them.
Caiged

by on Jun. 24, 2008 at 11:03 AM

Quoting gail205:

I registered with isrr.net & they found my daugter within a week of receiving my information; she was already registered with them.

Oh wow! That's wonderful! I'm so happy for you!! :)
PortAngeles1969
by Group Owner on Feb. 24, 2009 at 8:55 PM
Caiged

by on Jul. 9, 2008 at 10:29 AM

Ugh, I have the names of all three birth siblings but haven't had any luck contacting them. Every lead turns into either a wrong phone number or the wrong person.

I'm searching for

Deborah (Overly) Ellis, Ohio 39 yrs old
Shannon (Overly) McGrath, OH 37 years old
Scott Overly, OH  33 years old

I don't know if I'll ever be in contact, and it's so frustrating knowing that they're out there and having no way to communicate. Does anyone have any ideas?

orangeorbie

by on Jul. 9, 2008 at 1:18 PM

I don't know if it's worth a try but Spock.com helped me find some very valuable info lately.
adopteeme

by on Jul. 12, 2008 at 6:36 AM

Quoting Caiged:

Ugh, I have the names of all three birth siblings but haven't had any luck contacting them. Every lead turns into either a wrong phone number or the wrong person.

I'm searching for

Deborah (Overly) Ellis, Ohio 39 yrs old
Shannon (Overly) MeGrath, OH 37 years old
Scott Overly, OH  33 years old

I don't know if I'll ever be in contact, and it's so frustrating knowing that they're out there and having no way to communicate. Does anyone have any ideas?
is this what you found?

17 DEBORAH L ELLIS 39 May 19 1969 Kingston NY 12401
18 DEBORAH J ELLIS 39 Jan 25 1969 Dallas TX 75243
19 DEBORAH M ELLIS 39 Nov 30 1968 Fort Collins CO 80521
20 DEBORAH J ELLIS 39 Nov 8 1968 Pampa TX 79065
21 DEBORAH L ELLIS 39 Oct 23 1968 Capitol Heights MD 20743
22 DEBORAH S ELLIS 39 Oct 20 1968 Ballwin MO 63011
23 DEBORAH L ELLIS 39 Oct 11 1968 Berea OH 44017
24 DEBORAH L ELLIS 39 Jul 22 1968 West Roxbury MA 02132

Shannon MeGrath CHANDLER, AZ

SCOTT T OVERLY 32 Sep 3 1975 Mount Victory OH 43340
PortAngeles1969
by Group Owner on Feb. 24, 2009 at 8:58 PM

by on Jul. 16, 2008 at 12:47 PM

hi everyone! my name is julie. i wish everyone looking much luck. i don't have much money to search for my birth mother but i thought i would put my information out there in case anyone can help. thank you.

I am looking for my birth mother and any possible bfamily

her last name was raczynski

i was born at st therese hospital in waukegan, il

i was born may 12, 1982

by dr considine

the agency was st mary's services

the only medical info i have is that there was an allergy to cats and birds and that either my bparents or my bmother's parents wore glasses

my bmother was 5'10 medium build with med brown hair and green/blue eyes

and i was a c-section baby.

i was told that my  birth mother was 14 yrs old when i was born and that she lived with her grandma.... but i don't have documents on that... it's just what my mom told me.

i have a daughter and have no idea what her medical history is. my husbands mother was adopted and his father isn't around. and i was adopted so anything would help. and i would also like to be able to thank my bmother for making such a hard decision. as a mother myself i couldn't even imagine that pain. but i want her to know that i have had a happy life and have such a great family. i want her to know how much i look up to her for thinking of me over anything else. and i want her to know that i'm doing great!

thanks again
PortAngeles1969
by Group Owner on Feb. 24, 2009 at 8:59 PM

Southernroots

by on Jul. 16, 2008 at 1:11 PM

Caiged,

ISRR is one of the best registries around. It is well respected in the adoption community and has resulted in many matches that I know of. Adoption.com/Reunite.com's registry is also quite successful. Don't know if you know or not, but many states have their own adoption registries as well. They are worth trying, but do not have the success rates like ISRR (Soundex) and adoption.com's registries.

I am interested in your search angel training. PM me when you have the time as I would be interested to know more about it.
PortAngeles1969
by Group Owner on Feb. 24, 2009 at 9:01 PM

stillsearch1962

by on Aug. 22, 2008 at 9:21 AM

I am looking for my birth mother

I was born 01/25/1962 female

I was adopted at birth

In Terre Haute, Indiana

coffeeyum
by on Feb. 24, 2009 at 9:02 PM

I don't have much to go on .  

Born in either Susquehanna, or Halstead.

Birthday.. ...    January 10, 1963

Adopted  at 1 day old. 

Closed case. 

Born in a home , not sure where.

No info. left on the birth certificate.

I only have detail on my description of me. 

Hair : black

Eyes: brown

Height: now 5' 1"

PortAngeles1969
by Group Owner on Feb. 24, 2009 at 9:02 PM
harvey27

by on Sep. 6, 2008 at 3:58 PM

Hello everyone.  We are trying to find my husbands birthmom.  He was born in Burlingame, California 12-12-1966.  Then, he was sent to Childrens Society.  We don't have any info about names but it is believed that she was in jr high and possibly lived on the East Coast and her family sent her to CA to give birth.  She was blonde and wanted to be a vet.  His bio dad was in the military and had some college.  He was a track star.  I don't know if he even knew she was pregnant.  Any help is greatly appreciated.  A health history is vital.

Thank You

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN