Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Adoptees Searching: Please post your known details here

I'm going to try to untangle the historical posts from the general discussion forum and place them all here.  We should have separate threads for adoptees searching and natural / birth / first moms searching.

PortAngeles1969   www.postadoptioncoach.com

Group Owner:
Adoption
http://www.cafemom.com/group/adoption  
Group Administrator: Birthmoms http://www.cafemom.com/group/birthmoms

by on Feb. 24, 2009 at 8:35 PM
Replies (21-26):
MiddletonFamily
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:01 PM

Hello everyone, I am an adoptee raised in an open adoption, but my birth mother was an orphan and raised in foster care. I normally wouldn't post on here but I need some help. I know my birth mother and I have found 3 out of 4 of my uncles on my own. Now I am searching for my birth mothers oldest brother.

His name is Steven , Roy, or Ray, Jensen, 

His father was Roy Ole Jensen, who died in 1979

Born in Orange County California, in his late 50's to early 60's

He lived in Fort Bragg California, and we believe that he might be in Medesto California area

The last contact that my birth mother had with him, or any of her birth family was at their fathers funeral.

My grandfather had 2 brothers, Arthur Jensen, and John E.Jensen and 3 sisters Thelma, Viola and Dorthea.

I have traced My mothers uncle to Anchorage Alaska where he owned a bowling Alley but was told that he sold it about 11 years ago

I started searching when I was 18 years old, my adoptive mother died of cancer 6 years ago, and I have continued searching, if anything for my birth mother. I can tell she really misses her older brother, if anyone can help please pass me a note. All that my birth mother has left of her biological family is memories and an obituary

skemp
by New Member on Oct. 6, 2010 at 4:27 PM

I live in texas and had a child when I was 17, I chose to place for adoption. I reunited with her 2 years ago such a blessing. Here's how i found her :  Ancestory.com and joined at the 2nd level, go to social security and put in the date and the county of birth. All births on that day come up. fortunate for me there were only 4. You are able to find name and parent names.  Then I joined  People Search.com and put in her name and then parents name and call them and found her !! She is only 2 hours from me !!  I hope my story will help others in there search !

the_kids_mom
by Member on May. 11, 2011 at 2:26 AM
I have a bit of info, and I'm searching. Maybe one of you knows them? Any info, no matter how small helps TREMENDOUSLY!

My name at birth was Baby Girl Spence. I was placed in foster care at 3 days old. My foster parents adopted me when I was 3 1/2 months old. My birth parents names are James & Marion Spence. There are 4 older siblings who were placed in foster care in Chicago PRIOR to 1967. I was 7#4oz, and was born at 8:59am on April 1, 1967 in Gulf Coast Hospital. The attorney on record is a Mr. Park in Harris County. James & Marion lived in a trailer court on Decker Drive in Baytown Texas at the time of my birth. They were married to each other when I was born. I'm not sure exactly what I'm looking for at this point, I'm open to meeting my family, but I'm also searching for medical reasons. I have an eye disease that they think is hereditary and I'm wanting to find out where it came from, among other things. I wish everyone good luck with their search, and thank you fir reading about mine!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
loveandrain94
by New Member on May. 21, 2012 at 9:44 AM

Hi, everyone. I am looking for my birth mother. Her name is Donna Denise Johnson. She is about 38 now, and lived in Texas. I was adopted at 6, by a family from church. I am trying to find her!! If you could help me with a telephone number, or anything, please inbox me. 

k.high
by New Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:44 AM

I am a female born March 30, 1959 at the children's hospital in Cincinnati Ohio.  Hoping  to connect with birth mother and or family

vampporcupine
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:09 PM
Have you applied for your information yet? Here's what I found for Ohio:
Mutual Access to Identifying Information
Citation: Rev. Code §§ 3107.47; 3107.49

The adult adoptee or adoptive parent may submit a request to the Department of Health for a copy of the adoptee's adoption file. If there is not an effective denial of release form for either birth parent on file, the department shall release a copy of the file. If there is an effective denial of release form for each birth parent on file, the request will be denied. If there is an effective denial of release form for only one of the birth parents on file, the department will release the file for that birth parent with all identifying information about the other birth parent deleted.
If an adoptee or adoptive parent is denied a copy of the contents of the adoptee's adoption file or receives a copy of the contents with identifying information about one of the birth parents deleted, the Department of Health shall inform the adoptee or adoptive parent that it will notify them if the department later receives an authorization of release form from one or both birth parents.

A birth parent or adult birth sibling may submit a request for assistance in finding an adoptee's name by adoption. The department may release the adoptee's name by adoption if:
•The adoptee's adoption file contains a request from the adoptee that permits release of the information.
•The birth parent's parental rights concerning the adoptee were not involuntarily terminated.
•The request is in writing, with a notarized signature, and includes identification of the birth parent or birth sibling.

Quoting k.high:

I am a female born March 30, 1959 at the children's hospital in Cincinnati Ohio.  Hoping  to connect with birth mother and or family

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN