Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Adoptees Searching: Please post your known details here

I'm going to try to untangle the historical posts from the general discussion forum and place them all here.  We should have separate threads for adoptees searching and natural / birth / first moms searching.

PortAngeles1969   www.postadoptioncoach.com

Group Owner:
Adoption
http://www.cafemom.com/group/adoption  
Group Administrator: Birthmoms http://www.cafemom.com/group/birthmoms

by on Feb. 24, 2009 at 8:35 PM
Replies (31-31):
drfink
by Silver Member on Feb. 26, 2016 at 1:08 AM

adopteeme is giving you great advice. I have a friend in your age range .She is adopted as was her birthmother .Both of her birthparents ....not together ,he was married ,died relatively young .Through DNA testing and a couple of these FB groups she knows and now has a relationship with her maternal grandfather .His brother was the one that had his DNA done but he connected her to her grandfather. They live in the area now so she met them quickly .Also through the same route she knows and has met her paternal uncles and cousins . 

Plus the biggest is her mother had all three daughters by three fathers adopted .She now has a relationship with them also .

Good luck .

Quoting adopteeme:
Quoting excougarmama:

Female baby. Born 1/15/1977 in Portage Wisconsin at Divine Savior Hospital. Mother was 19 years old and had a son. That is all I know. 

Just in case you are denied by WI the **privilege** of obtaining your Original Bcert- I strongly suggest autosomal DNA testing. Ancestry dot com DNA, 23&me, and family tree DNA all offer tests. NO ONE will have to give you permission before you can know your origins by DNA testing. Here are a couple message boards that can help you find family with DNA. On Facebook: DNA Dectiives, DNAAdoption Community, Family Tree DNA On Yahoo Groups: Unknown Father DNA group. Good Luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN