Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

looking for

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 9:28 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 384 Total Views

I am here hoping one day we will get help trying to find a now 21yr old my husband was told he was the father to .  All we know is his birthday is 4-8-87 and he was born in the florence , sc area .    I know his mom tried to find him when he was about 1 but no luck her mom made sure she had things closed .    All my husband was told was he was adopted by a couple  he never saw him etc. his birthmom did get pics .  We would love to meet him and get to know him as we have 3 bio daughters and have adopted a son who is now 4 and looking to adopt again.  The sad part is he will never get to meet his birthmom whom I know would have loved to see him as she has passed away but she also had 2 more sons.   If anybody can help or knows how to get info I would love to hear from you.      

by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 9:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
onethentwins
by Gold Member on Jun. 23, 2009 at 10:19 PM

Wendy, how sad your husband and his son don't know each other. Birth Fathers are definitely the most underrepresented triad member.

The first place I would try is the birth grandmother. Maybe you can appeal to her after all these years. If the birth mom got pictures then she may still have them. Or, if you know the birth mothers other sons start with them.  They might well be eager to find their brother.

If you can find out what agency was used you could ask the agency to forward a letter to his son's aparents house. If you can at least get a name you can google for a "search angel" in your state. Search Angels are volunteers that have a network of people dedicated to search.

There is a group here with many search resourses: http://www.cafemom.com/group/35065

Good luck!

Owner Adoption Reunion Group http://www.cafemom.com/group/14715
Co-Owner Infant Adoption Group http://www.cafemom.com/group/39118

CandyE
by on Jun. 24, 2009 at 2:11 PM

Wendy

Have you done a google search for search angels in SC?  That's one idea, but please don't even consider paying anyone - real search angels never charge a fee.  There is a Yahoo group called Soaring Angels that has many members, and guidelines for each state posted there also.  I am a member - many people have been found!  Of course the more info you have the better, but anything is possible!

CandyE

WENDYJ252
by Member on Nov. 14, 2009 at 7:36 PM

Thanks  for the info  I dont even know where his birth gma is  the last i heard she has the brothers and one child has some med issues since birth he is about 16 now I hope one day we will get more info  I have put the word out so I will wait a little to see       Thanks again       Wendy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)