Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Questions about VBAC

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 11:21 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 410 Total Views

I'm interested in VBAC especially since I don't like how long it takes to recover from a c-sec plus I was really swollen and had a ton of bruising.

If you have had a VBAC how did yours go?  Did you have any problems?  Did you have to switch doctors or go to a certain hospital? 

I've been reading up on all the risks associated so that at least I'm informed when I talk to my doctor.

I'm not pregnant right now but DH and I are talking about trying for our last when our twins turn 2 (they are 9 months old now but I'll be talking to my doctor when they turn one because I'm getting on folic acid and prenates for a year before we get pregnant)

BTW-I'm in OKC.

by on May. 24, 2009 at 11:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
DoulaHeather
by Group Admin on May. 24, 2009 at 3:36 PM

I personally haven't had a VBAC but thought I'd pass this info on to you.  There is a newly formed ICAN group in Midwest City.  :) 

ICAN of Central Oklahoma
Midwest City

eMail Address: brookesmith03@yahoo.com
Telephone: (405) 570-8763

Heather
Homeschooling Mama to 4
Childbirth Educator and Apprentice Midwife
Renaissance Birth and Naturopathic Center

ribblettmommy
by on May. 24, 2009 at 10:30 PM

Thank you so much!

Quoting DoulaHeather:

I personally haven't had a VBAC but thought I'd pass this info on to you.  There is a newly formed ICAN group in Midwest City.  :) 

ICAN of Central Oklahoma
Midwest City

eMail Address: brookesmith03@yahoo.com
Telephone: (405) 570-8763

Stephs9
by Group Owner on May. 27, 2009 at 4:07 PM

I attempted a VBAC 2 years ago.  I did not have to change providers thankfully, although that OB is not longer doing OB (she's doing gyn-only).  I did have to change hospitals, something I strongly regret.  I had terrible after-care and nursery care at that hospital.  But the hospital I had used for my 2 previous births has a VBAC ban.  I'm in Tulsa, though, and I think there are more options in OKC.  Definitely read everything you can get your hands on (books, websites, research studies, etc).  Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)