Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My youngest is going to be 2 years old!

Posted by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 9:31 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 568 Total Views

This is Alice. She is going to be 2 in a few days! She is about a quater Australian Aboriginal. With some Mongolian, Altanian, Manchurian Chinese,  Bashkir Turkish, Hispanic and European mixed in there.

If you don't know what Australian Aboriginal is, I will put some pics down below since a lot of people don't know. They are almost an extinct race now.

Pics Below are Autralian Aboriginals I found on the internet.  Yes they can be naturally blonde or have dark curly hair or in between.

by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 9:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Maman9
by Member on Oct. 29, 2012 at 10:17 AM
1 mom liked this

Two is terrific. not terrible! Today is Monday, the day of the ancestors in one of my family cultures. Always keep their blessings around you and your loved ones.

Maman9
by Member on Oct. 29, 2012 at 10:45 AM
1 mom liked this

P.S. I am not Asian. I am in the group, because I have several Asian-Pacific Islander relatives by marriage - two generations. I remember Indigenous Australians being classified as Caucasians by anthropoligists when I was younger, despite the discrimination and exploitation over the years since the First Fleet. The good nature and natural blond hair did not help acceptance. Now the classification is Australoid, a distinct ethnic group or race. At any rate, I would have loved to visit there because of the marsupials (so maternal), until I learned about the opppression. I have met child migrants, but not anyone from the Stolen Generations yet. David Gulpilil in your far right photograph is one of the world's best actors of all times - period. My favourite films of his are "The Tracker" , "The Last Wave" and "The Rabbit-Proof Fence". His co-star in the last two fims, of which I am also a fan of, the actor, the late David Dgoombujarra (Peace Be Upon Him.), died last year. "Harry's War" was too brief! The media actually garbled their names and photographs! Thomas Kenneally is one of my favourite authors, both for The Chant of Jimmy Blacksmith (made into a very violent and graphic film), Schindler's Ark (made into "Schindler's List") and the historical work, Australia: Beyond the Dreamtime . Good day - finally!

countrycutie84
by Member on Nov. 5, 2012 at 1:03 AM

Australian Aboriginal peole are actually classified as black islanders. (negeroid) My husband is a avid looker on this subject. Trying to find out as much as he can on them, there is not that much though. A lot of it is so negative and or racist. There are some Australian aboriginals with blonde hair that is not straight but very wavy than a good majority with kinky hair. Depends on what part of Australia and what tribe it is. My husband is from the Murri Tribe which are from Queensland Australia. He also has some relations to people down is South Australia as well. (not too much)  We both really hope to be able to visit Australia one day. It would be so great to go there and see the culture.  Looks like we have a lot in common for actors and movies that we both like. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)