Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I Need some support and prayers please

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2008 at 2:20 PM
  • 9 Replies

I just found out yesterday night from my brother that my dad was in the ER for 4 days.  My dad has diabetes, ulcers, and high blood pressure.  I guess on Tuesday, he went in to get an accupunture and ended up in the ER.  His blood pressure dropped down to 64!  (they think he had a heart attack but not sure)  My parents never told me because they didn't want me to panic and worry so much.  I'm even more worried now and wish they had told me.  None of the doctors are sure why his blood pressure was so low.  My dad is only 53 yrs old and I'm so afraid for him.  He smokes and drinks(A LOT)  and he's always traveling to China for business trips and he'll be out in China again in March.  I'm so afraid that something will happen to him everytime he goes.  He's always out there for over a month.  Please pray for him and for my mom.  We just lost my grandfather 3 years ago to lung cancer and I'm deadly afraid that my dad might be next to go.  My dad has been to the ER 3 or 4 times already.

by on Jan. 20, 2008 at 2:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
jacobsmom27
by on Jan. 20, 2008 at 2:53 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad.  I understand why your family didn't tell you at first.  They just want to protect us and not worry us.  I will definately pray for your Dad.  It's not good that he drinks and smokes with all of his health problems, but I'm sure his doctor has already told him that.  Maybe he will change his habits and try to be more healthy now.  I hope he will get better soon.  I will continue to pray for him until I hear from you that he is okay.  You know that I am always here for you.  Let me know if there's anything else I can do for you sweetie.

Chi

sddamd
by on Jan. 20, 2008 at 2:54 PM
You are all in my prayers!!!  God bless and Godspeed for your father's recovery!  :)
babyxkailene
by Member on Jan. 20, 2008 at 2:55 PM

Quoting jacobsmom27:

I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad.  I understand why your family didn't tell you at first.  They just want to protect us and not worry us.  I will definately pray for your Dad.  It's not good that he drinks and smokes with all of his health problems, but I'm sure his doctor has already told him that.  Maybe he will change his habits and try to be more healthy now.  I hope he will get better soon.  I will continue to pray for him until I hear from you that he is okay.  You know that I am always here for you.  Let me know if there's anything else I can do for you sweetie.

Thanks unnie for caring!  U seem like the only one.  I hate when my parents never let me know anything. 
christinaliu
by Group Admin on Jan. 20, 2008 at 9:51 PM
I don't know if it's an Asian thing to not want their kids to worry but my Dad did the same thing to me two years ago.  He was shoveling snow and fell and broke his hip.  He had to be transported by ambulance to the hospital, and then needed surgery on his hip and was in the hospital for 4 days.  My Mom didn't call me to tell me and I only heard about it when my Dad sent me an e-mail letting me know what had happened AFTER he had come home from the hospital!  I called him right away and asked him WHY MOM DIDN'T CALL ME TO TELL ME????  And he said that she didn't want to worry me!  Argh.

Anyhow, prayers going up for your dad's health.  Let's all hope for the best and hope that he will be healthy and safe through all his travels! 

Group Owner, Asian and Pacific Island Families Forum
Group Owner, SCUBA and Snorkeling Moms

"When the fate of so many rests in the hands of so few, can the failure to be accountable ever be forgiven?" --Stephen Hawking

Booboomonkey
by on Jan. 20, 2008 at 10:04 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this. Yes, your family is in my prayers too. Hang in there I wish the best for you, your Dad and your family.
babyxkailene
by Member on Jan. 20, 2008 at 11:01 PM
I went to see my parents today and found out something went wrong when he went to go in for accupunture.  I guess they used like electric or something with the needle and my mom says they poke the needle in real deep and usually people are okay after it, but the accupunturist shocked his pancreas and my dad ended up having pancreatitis...Something like that...thats what my mom said.  My dad's pancreas is still swollen and he still had a fever today. I also found out they never told my grandmother either and she still doesn't know.   I'm so stressed out because couple weeks ago my uncle underwent major heart surgery. My uncle had 4 blocked arteries and got lucky that they found out before he had a major heart attack and could have died.  His recovery will take atleast 6 months!  It seems like everyone in my family keeps getting sick.  Thank you all for the prayers!!  Please pray that he will quit smoking and drinking as well.  My good friend died from Pancreatitis 3 years ago and he was only 23, so this scares the crap out of me!!
NaiNaimom
by Group Admin on Jan. 21, 2008 at 9:23 AM
Sorry to hear that, mama. I truly hope he gets better soon

♥'n wifey & mama to princess nylah mei-li

Come join the party at the DRIH LOUNGE - click here

KatCh
by on Jan. 21, 2008 at 9:47 AM
I'll keep him in my prayers, too. Hang in there.
CheekyMum
by Member on Jan. 21, 2008 at 9:51 AM
Hey Girl- Just stay positive. I know it is hard but Korean parents never tell you when there sick.  My dad had major surgery and no one knew until after it was done cause they didn't want to worry us. 

Your dad anf your family will be in my prayers! Just try to stay positive!!

Cheers!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)