Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Comments from adopted daughter about China

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:40 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 324 Total Views
Hi there! We have a 3-1/2 year old little girl we adopted from the Hunan Province in March 2006. Recently, she's been making comments about China, returning to China, especially when she's in the midst of a temper tantrum.

We've always been open with her about where she was born and how she came to be with us; these comments have just thrown us for a loop.

Has anyone else been through this?

Thanks.
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
moomoosmama
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:53 PM

my 3 year old is not adopted and she says comments about leaving when she is throwing a tantrum as well.  she'll say things like "i am going to leave" or "i'm going home" when we are already home.  so i wouldn't be so concerned.  she seems like a typical 3 year old.  so you must be doing something right.  toddler girl

ARNGwife-1.gif National Guard Wife image by kattlady7788SAHM.gif Stay at home mom image by haley3749Picture124.jpg breastfeeding image by Positivemom

LiLi536
by Member on Jan. 28, 2009 at 10:39 PM

HI There.

I also have a 3 and 1/2 year old daughter adopted from Hunan China in May of 2006!  She has never said anything  like that.  However her brothers who were adopted from Vietnam have.  They are the ones in my home that throw fits.  I just let the words pass.

I just read a really good book called "Temperament Tools working with your child's inborn traits", by Helen Neville and Diane Clark Johnson.  There is another called "The Connected Child" by Karyn B. Purvis Phd, David R. Cross Phd and Wendy Lyons Sunshine.                    Both are books I wish I had read when we adopted our first child in 1999.  They are slim paper backs and are really easy to read.  I found both very helpful in understanding my children better.

Lisasimple smile

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)