Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Freezing cookies

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2011 at 11:49 AM
  • 1 Replies
  • 284 Total Views

In my experience, the best way to freeze baked cookies is to individually wrap each in press and seal freezer wrap (you can double wrap them if you want), then store them in an airtight tupperware container or gallon sized freezer bags. I have done this with chocolate chip, oatmeal cookies, sugar cookies, and tea cakes. I have kept them frozen my in deep freeze for up to 2 months and they have tasted completely fresh after being thawed.

~Heather~ Mom to Brittney (12-12-05) and step mom to Liz (12-28-04) and Brandon (7-28-99).

Check out my sweet treats photobucket: http://s649.photobucket.com/albums/uu217/sweettreats05/

by on Jan. 8, 2011 at 11:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
COGMOMJen
by on Jan. 8, 2011 at 7:55 PM

Have you tried freezing the dough before it's cooked??  I do this with my dd's since she has a special recipe and doesn't need all of them cooked.  I form all the dough into cookie size balls, and put them in a freezer bag and use them as needed.   They are warm and taste fresh.  We've done this with several kind, but mostly peanut butter.  I just put them on the pan frozen and bake.  If they thaw a bit it works fine too, they just don't take as long to bake than.  It also saves on the plastic to wrap them in, since it only takes one bag.

JenD  SAHM, Homeschooling, Baking, Sewing, Conservative,  Green momma of 4 great kids.  Join me on my blog and Cafe Mom groups: Christian Frugal Living . Sewing Modest

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)