Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Furniture

Posted by on Oct. 27, 2008 at 1:04 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 273 Total Views

HELP! Where in the U.S. can I find conductive education furniture? All I've been able to find is this site. The man that builds the furniture is going to charge me this:

OK here we go,

1 small adjustable chair (10 1/2" deep X 13" wide)        $155.00
2 med adjustable chairs as noted below $165 ea         $330.00
1 nesting footrest set                                                            $100.00

Sub total                                                                 $585.00

estimated shipping/crating                                        $ 96.48

Total                                                                       $681.48

Is this good or bad? I really want furniture and this seems to be my only option. Just want other opinions or ideas. Thanks in advance for your help!

Cerebral Palsy: To What Degree?
http://www.cafemom.com/group/18705

by on Oct. 27, 2008 at 1:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
graykas
by New Member on Oct. 28, 2008 at 9:34 AM

I know it seems a high price, but his work is very high quality.

marklorna
by Group Owner on Oct. 28, 2008 at 8:27 PM

We had several pieces made by a local guy - I think it ended up costing a similar amount - we just didn't have to pay shipping and customs charges.

When you have a special needs child, it is like floating in the ocean. You will have highs when you ride the top of the wave and move forward and lows when the wave crashes over you and sucks you back. As you are riding a low wave of sadness, frustration & disappointment, just keep in mind the next wave will take you back up and move you forward once more.

Condutive Education Information Sharing at:  http://www.cafemom.com/group/50043/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN