Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Life Alert

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:46 AM
  • 1 Replies
  • 348 Total Views

OK, about 6 weeks ago my 19 yr old son called me early in the morning at work and told me my dad had fallen and my son couldn't get him up.  I asked if he was hurt and son said no, and I asked if he was conscious and he said yes.  So, I fly home....daddy is sitting on the floor in the bedroom, mom is sitting on the bed, ringing her hands (literally). 

Daddy said he didn't fall, he was trying to get something under the bed (the tv remote) and he just couldn't get back up.  My mom and my son forgot to try to get him onto his knees and then up...so, I demonstrated again...made sure he could walk normally and went on back to work. 

I emailed my brother who is about 800 miles away and told him about the incident and that there IS finally something he can do from there.  He can call/ask questions/ arrange Life Alert for my parents.  He can pay for it too (~$50/month)

About a week later, mom answered the phone and a guy asked for my brother.  Oh, he doesn't live here.  Then he asked for me.  yes, it is the lifealert guy.  My brother gave OUR phone number, not his, to contact.  Long story short....

Life alert is all installed now. I am the ONLY contact person they have listed. The bill will come to ME.   Mom has only set it off once accidently so far....LMAO.  Thanks my brother, you did great.  (very sarcastic now!) 

by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
kjrn79
by Member on May. 15, 2010 at 3:57 PM

Good grief.  Mom is setting it off about once/ week for no known reason.  The first time, she said she "heard voices' in the living room and got scared.  She came around the corner saying "who's there".  It was the life alert operator coming over the speaker.  They kind of didn't believe that she was all right.  The second time, my dad was in his recliner in the living room, she was in the bedroom and he yelled "get in here".  She rushed in, to hear that he was talking to the life alert operator.  The other day, she was calmly sitting in her chair, and the voice came on.  Apparently, her life alert necklace was inside her bra, and she sat forward, somehow pressing it on.   LMAO.  It hasn't happened at all with me at home, but I can just imagine all the false alarms they must get all the time. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)