Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CIO does it work?

Posted by on Nov. 5, 2010 at 10:15 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 280 Total Views
I have a 5 month old. I want to get her to sleep in a better way than we have been. She falls asleep while eating. We've tried routines without eating as the last thing but it doesn't work. I've read that in one week CIO would work... Does it help or will she mistrust us later?
by on Nov. 5, 2010 at 10:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
megmpls
by on Nov. 17, 2010 at 10:22 AM

guess i'm not sure why you're posting this in a group that is anti CIO.  maybe it is posted in the wrong group by accident, not sure, but i think it is very harmful and you will find much info and people on here to help you find other ways to get baby to sleep.  i can't imagine anything being a worse way to get a child to sleep than CIO.

megmpls
by on Nov. 17, 2010 at 10:24 AM

also, people are often against nursing or whatever to sleep, but the hind milk is designed to make baby sleepy.  seems very much natural to me that it was made to help get the baby to sleep.  it is comforting, even a bottle of formula, to the baby.  5 mos is still very very young.  the investment  you make in spending time with her during these formative years in gentle nurturing ways, will repay you back 100 x's later in life as you develop trust between you and your child and a deep sense of security.

Lana618
by on Nov. 17, 2010 at 10:36 PM
Thx. I may have made my post sound the wrong way but I meant for it to b here. I'm just concerned with the fact that some kids never figure out howto fall asleep on their own and I don't want my daughter depending on us every time she needs to sleep. Just need assurance that she will be independent with sleep habits sometime without us trying harsh methods
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aehanrahan
by on Nov. 30, 2010 at 11:58 AM

My oldest nursed to sleep until he didn't need to nurse to sleep anymore.  He then cuddled with one of us until he didn't need that anymore.  He is now nine years old and goes to sleep by himself very well every night.  He has been going to sleep on his own for 4 1/2 years since we had the space for him to have his own bed.  He is very independent and has been since he was very young.  Of course, he still loves his cuddle time, but will go to bed and sleep by himself.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN