Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recommended Reading

Posted by on Jul. 1, 2008 at 11:43 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 838 Total Views
Feel free to post about books that have helped you with creating healthy sleep habits without CIO.  Try to pin point what it is you enjoyed about the book and/or authors method, ideology, etc.  If it's just a darn good book that needs no explanation: feel free to say so!
by on Jul. 1, 2008 at 11:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
MisanthropKitty
by on Jul. 2, 2008 at 8:10 PM
No Cry, Sleep Solution- My suggestion to everyone!  LOL.  I don't follow her teachings "by the book" (lol) but I followed them enough that I no longer have to fight my son to sleep every night and I have worked him down from going to bed at 10:30-11 to 9-9:30. 

Do you have a BREASTFED Dec '07 baby?... tired of all the BF haters??? Join the club at http://www.cafemom.com/group/49716

stummegirl
by on Jul. 6, 2008 at 1:41 PM

A few of the Dr. Sears Books helped me.  The Attachment parenting book.  The Dicipline Book..and I can't remember the name of the other one.

RanaAurora
by on Aug. 4, 2008 at 4:14 AM

Although this isn't a book, and is a personal journal pimp, I think it's definitely worth reading:

The Truth about Attachment Parenting

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii223/carri13_photo/my%20pics/cio_siggy3.gif
Group Owner: Nestlé-Free Zone Check it out to learn about or join the boycott.
I Can Has Cheezburger? Love LOLZ Cats? Join the group!

mom2ahcp
by on Oct. 9, 2008 at 12:30 PM

Quoting MisanthropKitty:

No Cry, Sleep Solution- My suggestion to everyone!  LOL.  I don't follow her teachings "by the book" (lol) but I followed them enough that I no longer have to fight my son to sleep every night and I have worked him down from going to bed at 10:30-11 to 9-9:30. 

I totally agree!  I didn't follow everything exactly, but it sure helped when the time came.  She has a book for babies and for older toddlers/preschoolers too.  It definitely helps!

bakersd79
by on Oct. 10, 2008 at 10:57 AM

I've been thinking about trying this one. I think I'm gonna have to go out and get it on payday.

Quoting MisanthropKitty:

BreastfeedingMama.gifI_love_my_girls_1.gifnavy.gif

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)