Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Safe Co-Sleeping

Posted by on Dec. 8, 2008 at 1:19 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 367 Total Views

For those interested:

Safe Co-sleeping

I started reading some of her other articles and found myself getting upset.  Then, I read this one and it was all good...

ninjaPARROT BUMP

by on Dec. 8, 2008 at 1:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
JoyeAustin
by on Dec. 8, 2008 at 1:27 PM

Infants should be placed between their mother and the wall or guardrail. Fathers, siblings, and grandparents don't have the same instinctual awareness of a baby's location as mothers do. Mothers, your little one should be able to awaken you with a minimum of movement or noise.

This is true for me. When I had my first baby, I barely slept all night because I was hyper aware of him next to me. Now with Rosie, I sleep better but I wake immediately if she starts chirping around, looking for boob. Since I switch sides, she does sleep between me and my husband sometimes, but if he rolls over I wake up and make sure he isn't too close.

ivansmom07
by Group Owner on Dec. 8, 2008 at 1:31 PM

Quoting JoyeAustin:

Infants should be placed between their mother and the wall or guardrail. Fathers, siblings, and grandparents don't have the same instinctual awareness of a baby's location as mothers do. Mothers, your little one should be able to awaken you with a minimum of movement or noise.

This is true for me. When I had my first baby, I barely slept all night because I was hyper aware of him next to me. Now with Rosie, I sleep better but I wake immediately if she starts chirping around, looking for boob. Since I switch sides, she does sleep between me and my husband sometimes, but if he rolls over I wake up and make sure he isn't too close.

Joye, I think this is amazing.

ninjaPARROT BUMP

sapient
by Group Admin on Dec. 8, 2008 at 8:30 PM

Christian slept on my side until he was big enough to start rolling around, then we switched him to the middle so he wouldn't fall off the bed. Chris has been great at being aware of where he is, I think only once did he roll over too close to him, and Christian started squealing like a pig and Chris woke up, so it's all good. Now he's big enough he just punches us if we get too close  : - )

~Sarah  

Photobucket
multiple sclerosis awarenessbreastcancerawareness.gif 

Destiny13
by on Jun. 22, 2009 at 6:20 PM

That's my favorite part!! I was telling people this the other day! But had not read it anywhere before.

Awesome!!

Quoting JoyeAustin:

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker

"It’s getting easier to convince people that the public
health authorities don’t have their best interests at heart." 

~ Kent Heckenlively

anklebitr
by on Aug. 5, 2009 at 11:23 AM

When Torin sleeps in bed with us he sleeps in the middle.  I am always afraid he will fall off the bed. 

mmccoy
by on Aug. 6, 2009 at 9:28 AM

My LO is one now and hogs DH out so I got a gaurdrail at Target for $20.00 and it works great.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)