Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What movies, if any - do you think really aren't as great as many people have suggested they are? Do you have any classic flims that you thought were not that good or that you really just didn't like at all?--- if so, share it!

bad

Picture8-1.png picture by mandra56recycle.gif picture by mandra56go-green.jpg picture by mandra56

jennifer.png image by Meganzack1213

by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 2:47 PM
Replies (11-15):
sivasvati
by Member on Aug. 22, 2011 at 3:08 PM

i love carol burnett! i used to watch her show all the time. i wish they show it again. i think i remember the skit you are talking about. have you ever seen noises off? it's a very funny movie with a great cast. carol burnett, michael caine, christopher reeve, denholm elliott, and john ritter. it really reminds me of when i would help out backstage in college. it has that feel to it. 

roseisrose
by Group Owner on Aug. 23, 2011 at 12:25 PM

Quoting sivasvati:

i love carol burnett! i used to watch her show all the time. i wish they show it again. i think i remember the skit you are talking about. have you ever seen noises off? it's a very funny movie with a great cast. carol burnett, michael caine, christopher reeve, denholm elliott, and john ritter. it really reminds me of when i would help out backstage in college. it has that feel to it. 

I know! I loved that show- I used to watch reruns on TBS growing up all the time.

No I haven't- I love the cast, gotta put this one in the Netflix Q :) thanks!

sophiesmom07
by on Aug. 24, 2011 at 11:43 PM

I just saw a Carey Grant film called "Every Girl should be married" staring his future wife, Betsy Drake.  It's a comedy about a girl who stalks a pediatrician in order to "trap" him into marriage.  This is the only Carey Grant movie I have seen and not liked. Drake was completley annoying and I was was rooting for Carey's character not to fall for her.  They should have kept this one in the vault.

sivasvati
by Member on Aug. 25, 2011 at 9:43 AM

Quoting sophiesmom07:

I just saw a Carey Grant film called "Every Girl should be married" staring his future wife, Betsy Drake.  It's a comedy about a girl who stalks a pediatrician in order to "trap" him into marriage.  This is the only Carey Grant movie I have seen and not liked. Drake was completley annoying and I was was rooting for Carey's character not to fall for her.  They should have kept this one in the vault.

i completely agree with you. i was not a big fan of that movie either. it seemed like betsey drake was psychotic. when she finally gets cary grant you feel sorry for him. i don't think that is how you're supposed to feel at the end of a romantic comedy.

roseisrose
by Group Owner on Aug. 27, 2011 at 10:53 PM

Quoting sivasvati:

Quoting sophiesmom07:

i completely agree with you. i was not a big fan of that movie either. it seemed like betsey drake was psychotic. when she finally gets cary grant you feel sorry for him. i don't think that is how you're supposed to feel at the end of a romantic comedy.

wow- good to know! :) I haven't seen this one and it sounds pretty awful. thanks for the insight ladies!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN