Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Ininvited

I just watched the original The Uninvited for the first time over this past weekend on TCM. And wow, was I surprised!! This is actually a pretty creepy movie for its time. I truly enjoyed this film. I was also taken aback by how good the special effects were for 1944!! Ray Milland was good in his role; but a bit stuck on himself. The acting had its over dramatic parts I think because of the era but seriously- on the whole, this was good movie. I highly recommend it. It was interesting, had a solid story and was honestly scary at parts!

(piog)

jennifer.png image by Meganzack1213

by on Jan. 25, 2011 at 11:32 AM
Replies (11-11):
roseisrose
by Group Owner on Aug. 12, 2011 at 8:47 PM

Quoting sivasvati:

Quoting roseisrose:

Quoting sivasvati:

i watched this movie one night on tcm a few months ago. i was pleasantly surprised. it was a good ghost story made the way ought to be without gore and stuff like that. it was suspenseful with just a bit of psychological thriller thrown in for good measure. i've always liked ruth hussey and enjoyed seeing her in a larger role than she normally plays.

I couldn't agree more! :)

This one was so well done- I think the directors and writers of today should be taking cues from these classic suspense films.... although, whenever they do that- then they decide to remake 'em all--- ugh....

i cannot stand most remakes! Mr. Deeds, anyone? Granted there are a few that have improved upon the first movie. His Girl Friday was far better i felt than The Front Page. I also have to say i do like You've Got Mail but i still prefer The Shop Around the Corner. I just feel that hollywood today is nothing but remakes and sequels.

Mr Deeds, ugh.... I know huh, you couldn't pay me to watch that one-- no matter how much I enjoy Adam Sandler, he is NOT Longfellow Deeds! lol

Yup--  me too, totally over the remakes!

jennifer.png image by Meganzack1213

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)