Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Last movie that "wowed" you?

Posted by on Aug. 10, 2011 at 2:02 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 293 Total Views

Finally got a DVR, yay!  Ready to record!

What was the last classic movie you've seen that you really liked  or left an impression?

popcorn

by on Aug. 10, 2011 at 2:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
roseisrose
by Group Owner on Aug. 11, 2011 at 11:24 AM

I'd have to go with The Uninvited, that movie actually creeped me out and really entertained me. The acting was good and it was so well done for that time. So many of the classics I've been watching lately I've already seen,... I seriously need to get out of my rut :) 

1.png picture by mandra56

BlinkieoldmovieloverBlinkiemadness.gif Old movie lover image by BillShari3boys

ilovemovies.gif i love movies image by prissyskin101

jennifer-1.jpg picture by mandra56

sivasvati
by Member on Aug. 11, 2011 at 6:25 PM

Quoting roseisrose:

I'd have to go with The Uninvited, that movie actually creeped me out and really entertained me. The acting was good and it was so well done for that time. So many of the classics I've been watching lately I've already seen,... I seriously need to get out of my rut :) 

i know what you mean about a rut. i find myself watching the same movies again and again. i love them but sometimes i long for something not new but different. that makes it hard to think of one that wowed me. i've seen unfamiliar movies that i liked but they were pleasant not "wow". i guess it would have to be The Unknown with Lon Chaney. i haven't really watched his movies before but it was on silent sunday and i watched it out of curiousity to see "The Man of a Thousand Faces" in action. Wow. i hate to admit i only watched a little over half the film because i couldn't finish it. it just amazed me that i could be so creeped out by a movie with no color, no sound but music, no gore, and no real violence. i've watched far more violent and definitely bloodier movies but i could finish those. i still remember that movie and it was almost a year ago that i watched most of it.

roseisrose
by Group Owner on Aug. 12, 2011 at 8:45 PM

Quoting sivasvati:

Quoting roseisrose:

i know what you mean about a rut. i find myself watching the same movies again and again. i love them but sometimes i long for something not new but different. that makes it hard to think of one that wowed me. i've seen unfamiliar movies that i liked but they were pleasant not "wow". i guess it would have to be The Unknown with Lon Chaney. i haven't really watched his movies before but it was on silent sunday and i watched it out of curiousity to see "The Man of a Thousand Faces" in action. Wow. i hate to admit i only watched a little over half the film because i couldn't finish it. it just amazed me that i could be so creeped out by a movie with no color, no sound but music, no gore, and no real violence. i've watched far more violent and definitely bloodier movies but i could finish those. i still remember that movie and it was almost a year ago that i watched most of it.

hmmmm, very interesting-- I"ll have to check this one out, you've got my interest peaked!

jennifer.png image by Meganzack1213

sivasvati
by Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:19 PM

let me know if you get to watch it. i'm interested to hear your thoughts on it.

Quoting roseisrose:

Quoting sivasvati:

Quoting roseisrose:

hmmmm, very interesting-- I"ll have to check this one out, you've got my interest peaked!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN