Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

❀• WELCOME Members •❀

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2009 at 1:07 PM
  • 19 Replies
  • 465 Total Views

♥ Welcome ladies! ♥

We're thrilled to have you here with us! If you like and are comfortable, please feel free to introduce yourself here.....

Enjoy the Group!!

reel.jpg reel love image by Scooter_Drive_By   TCM.jpg TCM image by tomthedog2

by on Jan. 13, 2009 at 1:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
4boysmom32
by on Jan. 17, 2009 at 10:42 AM

My name is Jessica.  I am a SAHM of 4 boys (hence, the screenname)  I love the classics!  They just don't make them like they used to!  I especially love anything by Alfred Hitchcock.  In addition to Hitchcock movies, some of my favorites are Gone With the Wind, The Wizard of Oz, It's a Wonderful Life, The Ten Commandments, and many others.

popcorn

Do you love the classics?  Come join us at Fans of Classic Cinema!

www.cafemom.com/group/focc

roseisrose
by Group Owner on Jan. 17, 2009 at 9:11 PM

Hi! I'm Jennifer, a SAHM of two wonderful little boys. I've been married for seven years and we are big movie buffs in our house.... but I LOVE the classics. My Dad got me into the older films and I've been watching them since I was a child. Some of my favorites are Rebecca, Rear Window, Arsenic and Old Lace, Laura and Mr Deeds Goes to Town! And I'm thrilled to be apart of this group!!

jennifer.png image by Meganzack1213

AAVMechWife
by Member on Jan. 19, 2009 at 2:06 AM

Hey y'all. My name is Jennifer. Mom of one DD, wife to a wonderful Marine. I have always been into old movies. They just capture me better then movies of today and I just want to keep watching more and more lol. Thank God for TCM!!! (I should make that a siggie lol)

avpriddis
by on Jan. 19, 2009 at 7:55 PM

Hi, I just found this wonderful group!  My name is Adelina and I am a SAHM to two beautiful daughters.  Ever since I can remember my favorite channels have been TCM and AMC.  I love old movies, but haven't had as much time to watch them what with two kiddies running my life.  Hopefully I can get reaqcuainted with my movies through this group!

MaMas06
by Member on Jan. 30, 2009 at 2:49 AM

Wow! I'm glad I found this group! My name is Angela (Ang~ for short) 38, married and a SAHM of one precious toddler boy. I've watched classics ever since I can remember! My Mom got me into them @ a young age and I love them even now! I try to get my Hubby to watch a few here and there but it's a hit and miss w/him liking them. o'well. I haven't had much time to watch them but I just recieved two DVD's frm my Mom. 'Gypsy' w/Natalie Woods and 'Auntie Mame' AND I love Bye Bye Birdie w/Ann Margaret and Dick Van Dyke which I am by the way going to the broadway play in March for my birthday! yipee! So I hope to befriend some of the members and catch up on old classics!

Ciao! Ang~

MaMas06
not-the-momma
by Member on Apr. 29, 2009 at 9:19 AM

Hi!  My name is Joyce.  I found my soulmate about 2 years ago and became a stepmom to his son(11) and daughter(7).  We are all movie addicts, but I prefer the Classics to any other type of movie.  My favorites include My Favorite Wife, Philadelphia Story, Casablanca, Bringing Up Baby, Rebecca, Jane Eyre and To Kill A Mockingbird, It's a Wonderful Life, Miracle of 34th Street, Rear Window, and the list goes on.  My favorite actors are Katherine Hepburn, Cary Grant, Audrey Hepburn, James Stewart and Gregory Peck

I'm so happy I found this group and I'm really looking forward to meeting all of you. 

roseisrose
by Group Owner on Apr. 29, 2009 at 5:08 PM

Quoting not-the-momma:

Hi!  My name is Joyce.  I found my soulmate about 2 years ago and became a stepmom to his son(11) and daughter(7).  We are all movie addicts, but I prefer the Classics to any other type of movie.  My favorites include My Favorite Wife, Philadelphia Story, Casablanca, Bringing Up Baby, Rebecca, Jane Eyre and To Kill A Mockingbird, It's a Wonderful Life, Miracle of 34th Street, Rear Window, and the list goes on.  My favorite actors are Katherine Hepburn, Cary Grant, Audrey Hepburn, James Stewart and Gregory Peck

I'm so happy I found this group and I'm really looking forward to meeting all of you. 

Welcome! Looks like we've got lots in common! Can't wait to chat more!!!! :)

Movie Reels and Film Premium Photographic Print by David Petty

jennifer-1.jpg picture by mandra56

homespun
by on Aug. 9, 2009 at 9:10 PM

jigsaw ribbonHi, my name is Jill!  I am the proud mom of 5 kids;  1 adult stepson, 2 adult sons, 1 adult daughter and one teenage son who is autistic.  I live in Western Michigan with my adorable husband Roger and my teenager, we live in the country, surrounded by farms, orchards and horse farms, we live just a few miles from Lake Michigan!  I grew up watching movies on my parent's old black and white tvs.  My favorite movie genres is film noir and "the silents", I also enjoy John Wayne and Randolph Scott Westerns, I love so many types of movies that I have to reallly think about the movies I don't like!  Okay,  I thought of one - Slasher movies, yuck! Lol!

Silver Screen Lover, Jill.

sophiesmom07
by on Sep. 9, 2009 at 2:02 PM

My name is Fanny, I'm a SAHM, have a 2 year old girl.  I love, love love classic cinema!! Thanks to my dad who introduced it to me when I was younger. The very first classic movies I remember seeing were "It's a Wonderful life" and "Sabrina," I was hooked!   My top favorites are Bette Davis, Audrey Hepburn, Paul Newman and Cary Grant.  There is no comparison to classic Hollywood! 

Happy to have somewhere to talk about the movies I love and discover some little gem I have never seen! Not to mention drool over the leading men and ladies! lol

roseisrose
by Group Owner on Sep. 9, 2009 at 2:34 PM

Film.jpg Film Reel image by henribrissettWelcome dear friends!!! We're all so happy you joined us here!!

TCM.jpg TCM image by jhines370 

go-green.jpg picture by mandra56jennifer.jpg jennifer image by hall533768

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)