Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Heiress

Posted by on Aug. 20, 2009 at 8:18 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 224 Total Views

theheiress.jpg the heiress image by fistofkhonshu

The Heiress

Olivia De Havilland

Montgomery Clift

The Heiress, Montgomery Clift, 1949 Photographic Print

I just watched this for the first time tonight. It was sooo good and just heartbreaking. I wanted so badly for things to turn out differently. I can't help but enjoy watching Monty in anything... he was so talented and yet so tormented.

Anyone else seen this? What did you think?.....

Here's the trailer:

Jennifer Rose

Jai guru deva om

by on Aug. 20, 2009 at 8:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
bryncalyn
by on Aug. 21, 2009 at 7:55 AM

I saw that one, a year or so ago. It is heartwrenching! I didn't know it was a Henry James novel though. Wow. Interesting!

Babies are such a great way to start people… Tiny yawns, sleepy sighs, nursery rhymes, and lullabies.

expecting baby

Melsboys
by Head Admin on Aug. 22, 2009 at 1:53 PM

I haven't seen it yet Jen, but it looks really good.

roseisrose
by Group Owner on Aug. 22, 2009 at 9:04 PM

Quoting bryncalyn:

I saw that one, a year or so ago. It is heartwrenching! I didn't know it was a Henry James novel though. Wow. Interesting!

OH it is... just tragic but still a brilliant story. I think there was a remake of this {shocker} called Washington Square... never seen it though...

jennifer-1.jpg picture by mandra56

roseisrose
by Group Owner on Aug. 8, 2011 at 7:02 PM

Got my hubby to watch this one last night and he actually really enjoyed it (he's not a huge classic film buff like I am).

*Spoiler below; don't read if you haven't seen the film....

Such a great film. We just kept talking about it afterwards-- going over and over the storyline.... asking the question; Whats worse; living with a father who doesn't really love you or with a man who doesn't? Neither one of the men in her life honestly or deeply cared for her-- they both had other motives.... but at least Morris made her happy... and her father couldn't handle that. I personally feel that she should have just married Morris and her father would have gotten over it eventually. Alright, so the guy didn't truly care for her, but hey-- neither did her Dad! -- So instead she ended up alone with all that stupid money and was miserable because of it.

jennifer.png image by Meganzack1213

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)