Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need Help w/ Weight loss

Posted by on May. 18, 2011 at 8:35 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 300 Total Views

Hi, my name is Lesleigh and I had a son 3 years ago and since then I have gained 80 pounds, I have tried several times to lose it, I have gone to the gym, changed the way I eat, diet pills, etc and nothing seemed to work, I have 125 pounds I want to lose total but I need some ideas b/c what I am trying is not working. I have got to get this weight off, I am miserable, I hate to look in the mirror, I hate having to go out in public b/c I don't like anything on me, but most of all it has made me where I avoid being in any pictures, my son is 3 and I am in less than 100 pictures and I have over 15000 pictures of him, also my great grandmother died on may 6 2011, and my grandfather died last monday (5-9) and when we were gathering pictures, I found that there were pictures with him and everyone in our family except me, and it just made me cry, I don't have any pictures in like the last 6 years with me and him, I don't want to experience that pain again. Any advice would be appreciated! And yes I know not avoiding pictures might be the easiest answer but I need more than that! thanks

by on May. 18, 2011 at 8:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Healthywahm
by Member on May. 19, 2011 at 1:50 PM

Hi Lesleigh,

I am so sorry for your loss,  two that close together has got to be tough.  I am also sorry that you couldn't find any pictures of you with your grandpa over the last few years, I  think we've all done that before...hid from the camera because we are uncomfortable with ourselves...thanks for helping us to see what really is important.

First off, just making the decision to change is a step in the right direction!  I would love to be able to help you.  I am a Health and Wellness coach and I have a list of weight loss tips that I can send you if you'd like.  Just message me if you want it.  I also have a few websites that will be helpful. (and inspirational!) I'm not sure what we can and can not post here, so just message me for those too.  Remember, you're not alone!  Sending hugs your way.

Linda

Braydensmom4208
by New Member on May. 20, 2011 at 1:01 AM

Linda

Thank you so very much! It has been rough, I have been trying so hard to be strong for my mom and family that I have not gotten to grieve myself, my husbands job would not allow him to miss work to be there with me,so he was 2 hours away all last week, now I am back at our home, and it has started hitting me very hard, I find myself very depressed and can barely get out of bed, but today is a week ago they buried him, and my husband is having to work tonight and our son is in bed, so now there is peace and quiet and I find that it is driving me crazy, I have been blubbering for hours! I know he is in a better place, he has been in pain for over 5 years now, and just 3 weeks ago I sat by his hospital bed(before he was sent home) and I told him how much I loved him and that I knew he was ready but wouldn't b/c of my nanny (his wife)  I thought I was at peace knowing he is no longer in pain, but I wished I had one last I love you, losing my great grandmother was also very hard, she was in the hospital the same time he was and I spent a night with her and then him, and then I spent a week helping take care of her with my mom, but she was 96 and she was happy and ready to go, she said she lived a good life! But I can't seem to stop crying! I guess I kind of feel quilty b/c back in march when my great grandmother was diagnosed with cancer again, I made it a point to have someone take a picture of her and I and my son, (b/c he loves her sooo much and she him too) and I did that b/c they told us to prepare b/c they couldn't do anything for her, and I am angry b/c my paw paw has been sick for 6 years so why didnt I make a special effort to make sure I had a new picture with him and myself and him and my son I am so mad at myself!!!! I just wished I had 1 more chance to take a picture!!!sorry I am going on and on, but I feel so alone here tonight without my wonderful husband here to hold me!! thanks for your sweet words, and yes I would def be interested in any advice or help you have to offer!

Quoting Healthywahm:

Hi Lesleigh,

I am so sorry for your loss,  two that close together has got to be tough.  I am also sorry that you couldn't find any pictures of you with your grandpa over the last few years, I  think we've all done that before...hid from the camera because we are uncomfortable with ourselves...thanks for helping us to see what really is important.

First off, just making the decision to change is a step in the right direction!  I would love to be able to help you.  I am a Health and Wellness coach and I have a list of weight loss tips that I can send you if you'd like.  Just message me if you want it.  I also have a few websites that will be helpful. (and inspirational!) I'm not sure what we can and can not post here, so just message me for those too.  Remember, you're not alone!  Sending hugs your way.

Linda

deestew
by on Jul. 2, 2011 at 7:29 PM

It has been a while since you posted but I am wondering how you are doing now?  Have you been able to find a weight loss method you feel good about?  Have you been able to find some closure and happiness again?  I hope so.  You went through a difficult time.  Try to not be so hard on yourself.  You did the best you could at the time.

Dietta
Skinny Heffa Blog
Black Women Rise Blog

wink

mama2three717
by New Member on Jul. 6, 2011 at 1:52 AM

I just started the Body by Vi Challenge. It's a meal replacement shake, you match your kit to your weight loss goals. It's different from other shakes in the fact that 1) it helps you build lean muscle vs. burning it along with the fat 2) the nutrients in it are amazing! everything you would have to eat in one sitting, to get the butrition you get from one shake, is ridiculous! I have had more energy and I feel amazing! It use to take a LOT to get me off my booty to do anything! The last few days I have had a hard time doing "just nothing"! lol  and I just started on Sunday! Not sure if I've lost anything yet, because I weighed myself at the beginning and then had to return the scale because it was a piece of poo! Waiting for one to come via FedEx tomorrow. Inbox me if you have questions! =) I'd love to share it with ya!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)