Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Lost 70 lbs and still going

Posted by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 1:17 AM
  • 10 Replies
  • 159 Total Views

I have been on a weight loss journey for the last year. I've lost 70 lbs and I have another 30 to meet my 100 lb loss goal. Just recently became a distributor for a product called It Works. I was skeptical, but tried their wrap because it was my sister selling them and I got tired of her nagging me. I am so glad I did. Any mom knows the pooch. The after baby belly that won't go away. I lost 2 inches in my pooch. Since then I have been telling everyone I meet about it. 

Please note that this is not a sales attempt. I am just wanting to share information for a product that I truly feel will help people feel better about their body. If you want more information see this link: http://wrapsbycrystal.wordpress.com/.

by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 1:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ambermario4ever
by Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 1:29 PM

I have been looking in to these to try. I have lost 51 pounds and have 14 more to go and they are mostly in my belly. 

aurorabear
by Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 12:03 PM

What is your diet like? I can help you tweak it. Typically belly is stress and/or diet related. 

Quoting ambermario4ever:

I have been looking in to these to try. I have lost 51 pounds and have 14 more to go and they are mostly in my belly. 

Free Fitness Coaching, Great Motivation, Nutrition Plans, Workout advice, And Much More

Beachbody Central- Workout, Get In Shape, Lose Some Weight

ambermario4ever
by Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 12:54 PM

For breakfast it is either Greek yogurt, fresh fruit, or a vi shake. Lunch is either salad, soup, a wrap, or a vi shake. Dinner is either salad, soup, sub, or baked or grilled chicken. With veggies for sides. And snacks are fresh fruit, string cheese, and raw veggies. 

Quoting aurorabear:

What is your diet like? I can help you tweak it. Typically belly is stress and/or diet related. 

Quoting ambermario4ever:

Sarah      10-16-06                                     Luciano 11-27-08

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

aurorabear
by Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 1:05 PM

How much protein is in your shake? I think you need to add some kind of protein to breakfast, along with a small bowl of oatmeal. 

Snack-  I have a shakeology, which is also a meal replacement (160 cal/18 grams of protein) Or almonds.

I personally do not suggest cheese as a snack. There are better ways to get calcuim. And I do not eat fruit after 1pm or so. It is high in sugar and you need to be able to burn it off or is will keep on fat. 

I would cut out soup. Its high in sodium, and will hold onto water weight like no other. The salad is great. I would do a bigger one, if you are not already, and the wrap is great. Make sure you are also having protein with that. At least 18 grams. 

Another snack of the same from above.

And you dinner looks great to me. A whole wheat carb, or sweet potatoe or rice. With chicken breast and tons of veggies is the best route. 

What do you drink?

ANd I can giv you exactly what I eat if you want to know as well. 

Quoting ambermario4ever:

For breakfast it is either Greek yogurt, fresh fruit, or a vi shake. Lunch is either salad, soup, a wrap, or a vi shake. Dinner is either salad, soup, sub, or baked or grilled chicken. With veggies for sides. And snacks are fresh fruit, string cheese, and raw veggies. 

Quoting aurorabear:

Quoting ambermario4ever:

Free Fitness Coaching, Great Motivation, Nutrition Plans, Workout advice, And Much More

ambermario4ever
by Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 1:11 PM

My shake powder has 12 g of protein in it and then there is six grams in my silk milk I make them with.

i do work out twice a day and the second time is after dinner.

when I have soup it is healthy choice soup.

i only drink water and three to five bottles of it a day.

i would love to know what you eat.

Quoting aurorabear:

How much protein is in your shake? I think you need to add some kind of protein to breakfast, along with a small bowl of oatmeal. 

Snack-  I have a shakeology, which is also a meal replacement (160 cal/18 grams of protein) Or almonds.

I personally do not suggest cheese as a snack. There are better ways to get calcuim. And I do not eat fruit after 1pm or so. It is high in sugar and you need to be able to burn it off or is will keep on fat. 

I would cut out soup. Its high in sodium, and will hold onto water weight like no other. The salad is great. I would do a bigger one, if you are not already, and the wrap is great. Make sure you are also having protein with that. At least 18 grams. 

And you dinner looks great to me. A whole wheat carb, or sweet potatoe or rice. With chicken breast and tons of veggies is the best route. 

What do you drink?

Quoting ambermario4ever:

Quoting aurorabear:

Quoting ambermario4ever:

aurorabear
by Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 1:28 PM

Soup is okay occasionally, I do have that soup as well. But not often!  Though it is a much healthier choice then a lot of things. And I tend to get that when I go out to eat if I do not feel like salad. 

How many calories are you burning? You may not be eating enough. I know that sounds crazy. But it is possible. 

See if you can't up your shake to 21 grams of protein. And way to go on soy milk. Way better then dairy. Almond is even better. 

And way to go on the water. So many people do not drink enough water and fill up on other things. 

Try drinking a glass right when you wake up of cold water. That helps boost your metabolism for the day. 

Breakfast- 5 egg omlette with lots of veggies and half a chicken breast in it. Small bowl of oatmeal.

Snack- Chcoloate Shakeology with banana in it. 

Lunch- Chicken salad (Large) I will have a slice of whole wheat toast if I am feeling like I need more energy. 

Snack- Almonds, I typically have about 25 of them.

Dinner- Brown rice, lots of veggies, and chicken.

If I am still hungry I have a protein shake with low carbs and I do not eat after 8! 

I will also occasionally have black beans, often have hard boiled eggs.

Quoting ambermario4ever:

My shake powder has 12 g of protein in it and then there is six grams in my silk milk I make them with.

Quoting aurorabear:

What do you drink?

Quoting ambermario4ever:

Quoting aurorabear:

Quoting ambermario4ever:

ambermario4ever
by Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 1:41 PM

I burn 800 calories a day riding an exersise bike. And I eat 1200 calories a day. 

Quoting aurorabear:

Soup is okay occasionally, I do have that soup as well. But not often!  Though it is a much healthier choice then a lot of things. And I tend to get that when I go out to eat if I do not feel like salad. 

How many calories are you burning? You may not be eating enough. I know that sounds crazy. But it is possible. 

See if you can't up your shake to 21 grams of protein. And way to go on soy milk. Way better then dairy. Almond is even better. 

And way to go on the water. So many people do not drink enough water and fill up on other things. 

Try drinking a glass right when you wake up of cold water. That helps boost your metabolism for the day. 

Breakfast- 5 egg omlette with lots of veggies and half a chicken breast in it. Small bowl of oatmeal.

Lunch- Chicken salad (Large) I will have a slice of whole wheat toast if I am feeling like I need more energy. 

If I am still hungry I have a protein shake with low carbs and I do not eat after 8! 

Quoting ambermario4ever:

Quoting aurorabear:

What do you drink?

Quoting ambermario4ever:

Quoting aurorabear:

Quoting ambermario4ever:

aurorabear
by Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 3:21 PM

To survive it is suggested that women eat at least 1200 calories a day. So if you burn 800 or more of those then you are only consuming 400 and that puts your body into starvation mode. It keeps EVERYTHING that is can to stay a live. I would suggest eating more calories. 

Quoting ambermario4ever:

I burn 800 calories a day riding an exersise bike. And I eat 1200 calories a day. 

Quoting aurorabear:

Quoting ambermario4ever:

Quoting aurorabear:

What do you drink?

Quoting ambermario4ever:

Quoting aurorabear:

Quoting ambermario4ever:

ambermario4ever
by Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 5:29 PM

I have been told by several different people that to loose weight you have to burn 500-1000 more than you eat and with what I eat and exersise and what my brm is that is what it equals. 

Quoting aurorabear:

To survive it is suggested that women eat at least 1200 calories a day. So if you burn 800 or more of those then you are only consuming 400 and that puts your body into starvation mode. It keeps EVERYTHING that is can to stay a live. I would suggest eating more calories. 

Quoting ambermario4ever:

Quoting aurorabear:

Quoting ambermario4ever:

Quoting aurorabear:

What do you drink?

Quoting ambermario4ever:

Quoting aurorabear:

Quoting ambermario4ever:

aurorabear
by Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 5:48 PM

That is correct! But you also can't starve yourself. Here is a really really great article that explains what I mean probably a little better then I could lay it out for you on here. 

http://ifitwasnteasy.tumblr.com/howtocalculatecalories

Quoting ambermario4ever:

I have been told by several different people that to loose weight you have to burn 500-1000 more than you eat and with what I eat and exersise and what my brm is that is what it equals. 

Quoting aurorabear:

Quoting ambermario4ever:

Quoting aurorabear:

Quoting ambermario4ever:

Quoting aurorabear:

What do you drink?

Quoting ambermario4ever:

Quoting aurorabear:

Quoting ambermario4ever:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)