Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tell us your name, where you're from, what you want to lose (if you want), what you've tried that has & hasn't worked for you.

Trying to lose weight?  Already lost weight?
Come join Moms Helping Moms Lose Weight.

by on Jun. 26, 2008 at 12:15 PM
Replies (291-300):
butterflies798
by on Feb. 21, 2012 at 7:30 PM

Hi my name is Laura and I am a 31 year old mom of 5. I would love to lose about 80 lbs....yeah i weighed myself this morning and realized I have a huge problem. I have tried diet and excercise but I just can't stay with it. I would love some motivation and support.

trinitysmama33
by New Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 5:45 PM

Hey, My name is Stephanie but I like being called Steph better.  I am from New Jersey (part of "South Jersey"),  I have always "yo-yo" weight since I was 10 years old.  I am now 22 years old.  I was 185 when I got pregnant with my DD.  At my last dr visit before I had her I was 202lb.  After 6 weeks I was 194 lbs.  Last week I was 210 lbs.  I am now 207.4 lbs.  Slowly getting there but getting there.  I want to lose about 70-75 lbs because I was overweight pre-pregnancy as well.  I'm trying a few different things.  I tried Slim Fast before and it worked but once I stopped it, I just gained it right back.  I am now trying special k challenge and the green coffee bean.  I'm trying to change my whole lifestyle around for my DH and DD plus any other future kids DH and I may have.

HeatherB0312
by New Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:30 PM

Name:  Heather

Weight: 190 lbs

Goal: 150 lbs

Hello my name is Heather and I joined this group because I needed a little helping hand in losing between 40 and 50 lbs.  I check my computer every day, so I figured if I exercise as much as I turn my computer on, then I should have no problem losing this weight before May. Why is May so important you ask, well, I have a wedding to go to and would like to look fabulous! 

lj.smommy
by New Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:45 PM

Hi my name is Erica, I'm 21 years old. I currently reside in Texas. I currently weigh 176lbs and would love to get back down to 135 (as my main goal), would be even better if I could get down to 125 (which I've never been able to do).

The last time I tried losing weight I used an app called Noom Weightloss that helped but the app lacked some things so I also used MyFitnesPal and was able to lose 2lbs in a week. What didn't work for me was WW which was due to lack of motivation. Thankfully I have lots of motivation right now so I KNOW I can do it this time around. Especially since I df and I are going on our first family vacation this summer and I want to get in shape so I'm not so concious on what I wear. :)

Tristan24
by New Member on Mar. 15, 2014 at 11:46 PM

Hello Everyone!  My name is Tristan and I'm new to the group.  I am 31 years old and a mother of 3.  I have gone back and fourth between being happy with my weight (during times were I was active) and unhappy with my weight (all other times).  

I have resently descovered what I think is going to be a very successful weight loss plan.  It starts with a 24 day Challenge just to get you in the groove of being healthy.  The first part is a 10 day cleanse.  I am on day 10 and feeling great. 

I thought this site/group would be a good place to track my progress.  If things go well for me, then I can help others through word of mouth. Let me know what you think! Please, I need feedback and support!!

nikkilm_17
by New Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 1:44 PM

Hello everyone! My Name is Nichole and I am from upstate NY. When I was pregnant with my Son I gained 50lbs! I found an awesome program called Turbo Fire & Shakeology and got all the weight off!. I Still would like to loose 20lbs and I am back at the workouts and seeing results and love it !! :) The gym never worked for me because I just could never seem to find the time for it. But with these workouts I can do them right in my living room! Beats leaving home! 

colts14
by on Apr. 16, 2014 at 4:14 PM
Hi, I'm Melissa. I've been plus sized for as long as I can remember. The recent death of a high school classmate has me more shaken up than I've let on. He was just a little younger than I am. I'll be 35 in August. I've lost 5 lbs. so far towards my goal. I know I need to make better choices now to be around a long time for my 8 1/2 (STB 9) year old daughter. I live in New York.
rodenberg
by New Member on May. 16, 2014 at 9:58 AM
Hi I'm Sara I live in K.C. Missour I want to lose 50. I'm starting small so my small goal is 10. My life is hectic. I have 3 boys and I'm always on the go. We have changed our eating habits with e-meals. It has been great we eat lots more vegs and less carbs.
stacymomto3
by New Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 7:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Hello I am Stacy! I am 32 and have 4 children and my step daughter (22) just had our first grandchild. I am currently weighing in at 245 lbs. I am afraid I will not see my other 3 kids grow up if I do not lose this 100 lbs. In the past I have not had the motivation but some health scares have arose in the past year and I have to get the weight off!

PPRMom
by New Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 11:15 AM
Hi everyone,
My name is Bernadette, I'm a single working mom of 3 girls. When I tell you I have a crazy life that's an understatement. I'm putting one through college, I have a preteen and one with a chronic kidney condition. Anyway now to me! I've been struggling with weight issues all my life I've tried phentermine, chorionic endotropin shots, herbalife, you name it I've done it by the way I'm just 40. It wasn't until 2 months ago that a friend of mine asked me to give something a try. She asked me to change my cup of coffee and let her know how I felt. OMG...I'm down 2 sizes, no more migraines, and I feel amazing.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)