Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tell us your name, where you're from, what you want to lose (if you want), what you've tried that has & hasn't worked for you.

Trying to lose weight?  Already lost weight?
Come join Moms Helping Moms Lose Weight.

by on Jun. 26, 2008 at 12:15 PM
Replies (291-297):
butterflies798
by on Feb. 21, 2012 at 7:30 PM

Hi my name is Laura and I am a 31 year old mom of 5. I would love to lose about 80 lbs....yeah i weighed myself this morning and realized I have a huge problem. I have tried diet and excercise but I just can't stay with it. I would love some motivation and support.

trinitysmama33
by New Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 5:45 PM

Hey, My name is Stephanie but I like being called Steph better.  I am from New Jersey (part of "South Jersey"),  I have always "yo-yo" weight since I was 10 years old.  I am now 22 years old.  I was 185 when I got pregnant with my DD.  At my last dr visit before I had her I was 202lb.  After 6 weeks I was 194 lbs.  Last week I was 210 lbs.  I am now 207.4 lbs.  Slowly getting there but getting there.  I want to lose about 70-75 lbs because I was overweight pre-pregnancy as well.  I'm trying a few different things.  I tried Slim Fast before and it worked but once I stopped it, I just gained it right back.  I am now trying special k challenge and the green coffee bean.  I'm trying to change my whole lifestyle around for my DH and DD plus any other future kids DH and I may have.

HeatherB0312
by New Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:30 PM

Name:  Heather

Weight: 190 lbs

Goal: 150 lbs

Hello my name is Heather and I joined this group because I needed a little helping hand in losing between 40 and 50 lbs.  I check my computer every day, so I figured if I exercise as much as I turn my computer on, then I should have no problem losing this weight before May. Why is May so important you ask, well, I have a wedding to go to and would like to look fabulous! 

lj.smommy
by New Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:45 PM

Hi my name is Erica, I'm 21 years old. I currently reside in Texas. I currently weigh 176lbs and would love to get back down to 135 (as my main goal), would be even better if I could get down to 125 (which I've never been able to do).

The last time I tried losing weight I used an app called Noom Weightloss that helped but the app lacked some things so I also used MyFitnesPal and was able to lose 2lbs in a week. What didn't work for me was WW which was due to lack of motivation. Thankfully I have lots of motivation right now so I KNOW I can do it this time around. Especially since I df and I are going on our first family vacation this summer and I want to get in shape so I'm not so concious on what I wear. :)

Tristan24
by New Member on Mar. 15, 2014 at 11:46 PM

Hello Everyone!  My name is Tristan and I'm new to the group.  I am 31 years old and a mother of 3.  I have gone back and fourth between being happy with my weight (during times were I was active) and unhappy with my weight (all other times).  

I have resently descovered what I think is going to be a very successful weight loss plan.  It starts with a 24 day Challenge just to get you in the groove of being healthy.  The first part is a 10 day cleanse.  I am on day 10 and feeling great. 

I thought this site/group would be a good place to track my progress.  If things go well for me, then I can help others through word of mouth. Let me know what you think! Please, I need feedback and support!!

nikkilm_17
by New Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 1:44 PM

Hello everyone! My Name is Nichole and I am from upstate NY. When I was pregnant with my Son I gained 50lbs! I found an awesome program called Turbo Fire & Shakeology and got all the weight off!. I Still would like to loose 20lbs and I am back at the workouts and seeing results and love it !! :) The gym never worked for me because I just could never seem to find the time for it. But with these workouts I can do them right in my living room! Beats leaving home! 

colts14
by New Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 4:14 PM
Hi, I'm Melissa. I've been plus sized for as long as I can remember. The recent death of a high school classmate has me more shaken up than I've let on. He was just a little younger than I am. I'll be 35 in August. I've lost 5 lbs. so far towards my goal. I know I need to make better choices now to be around a long time for my 8 1/2 (STB 9) year old daughter. I live in New York.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)