Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SITES CHANGES DIFFERENT AREAS ?

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:24 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 219 Total Views

HI,

HI MOMS I KNOW ITS BEEN A LONG TIME FOR ME, WE,VE BEEN SO BUSY . I HOPE EVERYONE IS DOING GOOD.MY QUESTION IS HAS ANYONE TRIED THE TUMMY WITH THE SETS ?AND IF SO DOES IT HURT? WE NEED TO TRY A NEW AREA ,WE ARE GETTING SCAR TISSUES, AND I WANTED YOUR ADVICE. ANY WOULD BE GREAT. YES WE ARE ON THE PUMP.WE LOVE IT.hugs

THANK YOU,

P.S .YOU MOMS ROCK............

by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mamabrandie
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2010 at 12:40 AM

madison had a bad experience with the stomach the first couple of times.  it took her a long while to be willing to try it again.  it seems that if you insert just to either side of the umbilicus, it is painful.  madison has better success going a little higher, where it's not likely to be bothered by her waistband and i've heard that some people like to do it lower for the same reason.

madison really likes using the back of her arms and it works well for her.  she has tried the outside of her upper thigh recently, but it seemed to get bumped alot and then that hurt.  i know lots of kids like rump pumping, but she didn't like that either when she tried it.  i think it's good to impress that we change over time and it's good to retry things from time to time.  something that didn't work all that well two years ago, for instance, just might work now.

hopemommy2
by Member on May. 3, 2010 at 9:34 AM

THANK YOU.......

hugs

Sandy0904
by Member on May. 4, 2010 at 6:32 AM

Michael has used the stomache as a site.  He said that it did hurt at times.  It isn't his preference, but if you need to change sites, do it for awhile.

winggret
by Member on May. 4, 2010 at 8:48 AM

We always use the tummy.  Zoey is okay with it.  We rotate from belly to back lower hip area, and it works quite well.  I have taught Zoey deep breathing exercises to relax, and that has been priceless.  I also read in a magazine that if you press your thumb, and index fingers together during injections, it hurts less, as it trick the brain because of the nerve endings.  So she does that as well.  A good breathing technique (I teach them for stress management, and have gotten to teach them to kids at our local children's hospital), is to double the rate of the exhale.  So if your child inhales naturally for six, they will exhale for twelve.  Always in and out through th nose (it is more calming on the nervous system.)  Good luck!!!!!

Gretchen

AMG4
by Member on May. 4, 2010 at 5:08 PM

Jadyn's favorite was her tummy! I think it was easy to get to for her - but she had to stop because she favored it too much - she seems to be scared of a site area until I make her go back to it - She has liked all areas at different times. I think each place has it pros and cons depending on the child.

BrookeAH
by Member on May. 5, 2010 at 9:10 AM

Casey has done better with sites on the tummy or hips than the rear. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)