Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New here.

Posted by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 12:43 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 149 Total Views

Hi everyone!  I'm new here.  My son Callan (3) was diagnosed on October 6, 2011 at the age of 30 months.  His only symptom was excessive urination.  I took him to the ER and his bg was 1102, and he was in dka! We are still adjusting, and it's getting easier everyday. :)

by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 12:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
hopemommy2
by Member on Apr. 18, 2012 at 1:00 PM
Welcome...
Sorry to hear about your son,hope he is doing better!..their is alot of great advice here..and alot of the older posts as well,but my son is doing better and alot great advice and support here!
How is your son doing now?
It took alot of time and adjusting to get where we are!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
anderamee
by New Member on Apr. 18, 2012 at 1:04 PM

He's doing okay!  He's still honeymooning so we are battling with the crazy numbers.  I have 4 other children as well.  He's the 2nd youngest and the only one (knock on wood!) that has been dx'd.

Do any of y'all have any experience with moving to another state and switching endocrinologists?  We are relocating to Wyoming from New Mexico and I'm not sure how I go about it.  Especially since there are no pedi endocrinologists in the entire state of Wyoming!

hopemommy2
by Member on Apr. 18, 2012 at 1:11 PM
Wow..I know the feeling I have 5 kids and only my son has type1..
But sorry I dont know of any endocrinologist in new mexico!.maybe research on the internet.jmo
And happy to hear he is doing better.I hated the honeymoon stage it was the worst for us!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
anderamee
by New Member on Apr. 18, 2012 at 1:13 PM

Thanks!  We are moving from New Mexico to Wyoming though!  The closest pedi endo to us is in Salt Lake City!

hopemommy2
by Member on Apr. 18, 2012 at 1:21 PM
O..sorry..my reading from cell phone stinks!..lol
We found a doctor for my son in new jersey..hard to believe but true,and we love him!..
Just have faith ,and just keep looking to you find a good one..bc it took us a long time to find the right one!..jmo
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zoomom456
by Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:12 AM

What part of Wyoming are you moving too?  If you are close to the Colorado border there are several pediatric endo's in Ft Collins and Denver.  Barbara Davis Center is in Aurora. 

anderamee
by New Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 3:17 PM

Quoting zoomom456:

What part of Wyoming are you moving too?  If you are close to the Colorado border there are several pediatric endo's in Ft Collins and Denver.  Barbara Davis Center is in Aurora. 

We are in Western Wyoming .. Rock Springs.  We used to live in Fort Collins, so I know that area really well.  Thanks!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)