Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Which pump?

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 10:15 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 154 Total Views

Which pump would you suggest for an active soon to be 9 year old boy?

by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 10:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
hopemommy2
by Member on Jun. 26, 2012 at 10:24 PM
1 mom liked this
We have the revel from Minimed!
Its great!..we love it!.works really well.and my son is very active!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jadegirl1819
by Member on Jun. 27, 2012 at 7:24 AM

Really you just have to check them out and see what you like.  We have the Animas Ping.  We like the remote that was pretty handy for a spinning 3 year old or bolusing in the car.  However, we wont be getting another Ping when it's time for another pump.  I want an integrated CGMS and the MySentry and my son wants tubeless so we will be weighing pros and cons between the omnipod and medtronic in a few months.  If the Animas rep says that their pump will be integrated with a CGMS soon don't beleive them.  =)  When we were first looking at pumps they told me it was 6-8 months out...that was 4 years ago.  =p

cpittaz
by Member on Jun. 27, 2012 at 10:59 AM
We literally just started pumping with the ping yesterday. Since my dd is 3 we really liked the remote bolus option for her. And the screen its so much easier to see
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aschwarz06
by Member on Jun. 27, 2012 at 2:35 PM
I love the ping for us!! I would look into the omnipod. I hear sometimes it has issues with the adhesive but there are ways to fix that. With the pod he won't be attached to anything!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dlneal
by Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 3:02 PM

We love the Omnipod! It's gives her so much more freedom without that tube. She had a Minimed for 3 years and the tube kept getting ripped out.

Janet
by Member on Jul. 17, 2012 at 11:24 PM

Thanks, we are leaning with the Omnipod.

Quoting Dlneal:

We love the Omnipod! It's gives her so much more freedom without that tube. She had a Minimed for 3 years and the tube kept getting ripped out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)