Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My baby is no baby anymore:-(

Posted by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 5:07 PM
  • 0 Replies
  • 73 Total Views

Hi everyone!! I am a mom of a daughter who has type 1 diabetes. She was diagnosed when she was in the 5th grade. I thought the world was coming to an end when we got the news. It took alot of praying and help of the wonderful doctors at our local children's hospital but my babygirl graduated in June and went off to college!! I am soooooo proud of her. We went through alot of obstacles with her diabetes and had many ups and downs. I was petrified to send her away but she did it. We live in VA and she went over a thousand miles away to FL. She is still on vial insulin because I was scared to send her away with the pump(we waited too long and too close for her to leave) but we will be doing it during her summer break. One thing that kept her healthy is she was really active in sports. She was always a little overweight but she was healthy and very active so it kept her numbers in check.I am happy to say she only had one episode of ketoacidosis since she was diagnosed:-) She is going to college to become either a Peds Endo NP or DR. #oneproudmama

Work from the comfort of your own home. 300.00-500.00+ each and every Friday:-)

http://mcaiseasy.com

by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 5:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN