Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

changing a child's diet?

Posted by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 10:43 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 76 Total Views
I am going to start changing my family's diet starting January. My goal is to cut out all or most processed food and have it be 85% fruits and veggies and about 15% meat. What ate the right steps to transition them correctly without to much shock? Could I end up in a major fight or hunger strike for a bit because of such a change?

My kids are 7, 5, and 4. My four year old is a diabetic. The diet change will help improve his numbers and such.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 10:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
imtheonlysane1
by Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 11:53 AM

I would just try to go slow with it and make sure what you are giving them is yummy. Also make them at least try the new things even though they are 100% sure they wont like them lol.

goodnightmama
by Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 12:02 PM
I am all for trying new things. Growing up my Mom would put a small spoonful of the need food on my plate to try. If I respectfully tried it but didn't like it that was fine. If I tried it but made a scene on how I didn't like it I got a heaping spoonful added and had time sit at the table until I finished it. I always tell my husband that I don't like fish and that you can make it ten thousand different ways and I would try it all ten thousand different times. Because at some point i may actually find a way to cook fish that I like. Lol

Quoting imtheonlysane1:

I would just try to go slow with it and make sure what you are giving them is yummy. Also make them at least try the new things even though they are 100% sure they wont like them lol.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)