Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He keeps dropping low!

Posted by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:19 AM
  • 10 Replies
  • 187 Total Views

Jaden was sick with the flu. Now he is all better. But it's as if his whole body changed. He won't stay up especially at night and in the morning. No matter what I do he drops. I think he must need his lantus dropped. Has anyone ever heard of this? I turned in blood sugars which they require us to do. Now waiting for the doctor to call. This has to be Friday of course!

by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dlneal
by Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:33 AM

It is probably temporary. It happens. If he is on a pump, I would just temporary basal him down for a while and see if that helps. That way if he goes back to normal you don't have to change anything in his pump. But if he is on shots, then I guess you will have to wait to see what your doctor says. It happens.

Janet
by Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 1:42 PM

He is on shots. It has been days this way now! It is scary. We have his pump sitting here not used for the first time yet.

Quoting Dlneal:

It is probably temporary. It happens. If he is on a pump, I would just temporary basal him down for a while and see if that helps. That way if he goes back to normal you don't have to change anything in his pump. But if he is on shots, then I guess you will have to wait to see what your doctor says. It happens.

Dlneal
by Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 3:50 PM

I agree, it is totally scary. My daughter has been a diabetic for 7 1/2 years and she is never consistant. It's very frustrating. We want to get her on a CGM but so far she refuses to do it. So we have been working with her on it. Hang in there.

Janet
by Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 4:57 PM
Thanks! The doctor dropped his lantus from 15 to 12 thought that was drastic.

Quoting Dlneal:

I agree, it is totally scary. My daughter has been a diabetic for 7 1/2 years and she is never consistant. It's very frustrating. We want to get her on a CGM but so far she refuses to do it. So we have been working with her on it. Hang in there.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cpittaz
by Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:29 PM

Part of the problem could be he is going thru the honeymoon phase?  How long has he been diagnosed

~~Catherine~~
Wife to Dennis, and Mommy to Jeffery (15) Ashley (14)  and our 3 year old Type 1 Diabetic Sarah

So I have it all...Teens and a toddler! Life is great.

I work full time from home as a claims adjuster so I am out in the field part of my work week. I love my job and most of all love being a mom.  My hubby stays home with the kiddos and we try to live a Christ filled life.

Our Lord is GREAT!

Janet
by Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 5:10 PM

He has been 7 years now so he is not a newbie. He is running highs now!

Quoting cpittaz:

Part of the problem could be he is going thru the honeymoon phase?  How long has he been diagnosed

Dlneal
by Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:37 PM

Yep that sounds like my daughter. Up down up down. So frustrating for them and us. Mine has been going high at night and so here we are upping her basal rate at night again! GGGrrrrr

Janet
by Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 3:14 PM

Which pump is she on?

Quoting Dlneal:

Yep that sounds like my daughter. Up down up down. So frustrating for them and us. Mine has been going high at night and so here we are upping her basal rate at night again! GGGrrrrr

Dlneal
by Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:03 PM

She's been on the Omnipod for a couple of years. We love it! She had the Minimed for 4 years. Omnipod has sooo much more freedom

Janet
by Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:39 PM
We came close to picking it. I wish we did now. We have this meter sitting in the box for over a month. No one called yet about getting it put in. Oh how I wish I could change my mind. But I know with jis insurance they won't let me.

Quoting Dlneal:

She's been on the Omnipod for a couple of years. We love it! She had the Minimed for 4 years. Omnipod has sooo much more freedom

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)