Considering trying to get a CGM....
We considering getting a CGM. DS is in the throws of puberty and needless to say that is wrecking havoc on his numbers. A couple of appointments ago his Endo mentioned a CGM as a possiblity, but at the time DS was having such a difficult time adjusting to Jr High life that we didn't want to add anything else to his load, and his endo mutually agreed. So now 6 months later we are at a point where I feel that we can really sit down and talk about it. DS has an appointment next month so we may try to move forward at that point...maybe.
So I have questions, if you have a CGM or have tried to get a CGM etc.. if anyone can give advice, info, etc that would be amazing!
1. Has anyone gotten a CGM approved through Tricare? I know that some insurances are iffy about approving a CGM...but I don't know how Tricare is about it. We didn't have any issues when we started pumping, so hopefully thats a good sign.
2. What CGM(s) has your child used? What were your thoughts? DS is 12, but a small stature 12yr old with very very little fat, so a longer 90 degree set would be less desirable than a 45 degree insertion.
3. How difficult was it to get use to?
4. How long did the approval process take?
5. How long did it take to get the hang of it? Was it like pumping and you had to visit with your endo for multiple education sessions?