Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Welcome!!!

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2008 at 1:03 PM
  • 134 Replies
  • 3347 Total Views

Welcome, let's hear abit about what brought you here. :)

My Name is Percella I have 2 kids with Type 1 Diabetes Micheal and Eric Micheal is 9 and Eric 4
Micheal was diagnosed 03/28/06
Eric 02/29/08 his diagnosis was through Trialnet, a group that is trying to find the reason behind Type 1 and a way to postpone diagnosis and hopefully a way to cure it. :)

My goal is to have this group a must read, for everyone. I hope that by joining us you will want to check back here at least once every day just to see what's up and to read the great new info, that we are all able and going to contribute!
Thank you so much momma's you are all wonderful!

by on Jun. 26, 2008 at 1:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BlessedWitTwo
by on Jun. 26, 2008 at 1:40 PM
hi my name is jami im married to henry we have 2 boys arron is 4yrs old he has type 1 diabetes, adhd and a heart murmer, we found out jan 15, 2008 that he had diabetes, it was very scary and we could have lost him had i not noticed something wasnt right with him and got him to the er, henry jr is 10 months old and he has sezuries, we are from wv i look foward to getting to know each and everyone of you
mcovey
by Member on Jun. 26, 2008 at 2:00 PM
Hi my name is Mary, mother of 4 my middle son is Type 1 (Robbie ) he is 11 and has been an diabetic for 3 years. He is on the Paradigm pump and is some what under control now ( that  is he remember to bolus after he eats, that a hard thing  for him remember seems like)
 thank you Precella for the new group I know if you have anything to with it is good for our children and we can learn alot from you !!!
Mom02of02
by New Member on Jun. 26, 2008 at 4:01 PM
Hi my name is April,
I have been married for 6 years and have twin girls named Katelyn and Lilly (*2 yrs old*) My children do not have diabetes but I am here to be suportive to the families that do. I don't know how you do it but I wish nothing but blessings to all of you. I pray everyday for a cure.
God Bless!
08mpayne
by Group Admin on Jun. 26, 2008 at 4:49 PM
I am Mary-married to Pat! We have-gulp-6 kids. They range in age from 5-16.  Two of my girls are type 1's.  Katie is 13-dx at 10. Gracie is 5-dx at 4.  SO....that's my connection!
JoyceLynn
by Member on Jun. 26, 2008 at 5:43 PM
I'm Joyce, mother to 3 sons, the oldest is Type I and 10 yrs old.  Austin was 7 (June 2005) when we found out & it was right in the middle of a bad divorce too.  Justin is 7 yrs old now & enrolled in a medical study where he goes to the Dr. for tests on every other appt. for Austin.  So far, he shows no signs of it & since my baby (5 mo.) has a different dad, the chances are really slim for him.

Austin & Justin's dad has had Type I since we were in high school so we always knew it'd be a possibility.  I've just always thought it's equally as hard on the parents to have to watch their child have to go through this because we're the ones they lean on for support.

THANKS soo much for sending me the invite to this group!!!

Scout-Mom
by Group Owner on Jun. 26, 2008 at 5:46 PM
I'm glad you accepted!
Do you mind if I ask what study Justin is in? Eric my youngest was Diagnosed through Trialnet.
He joined their study last year and was Diagnosed in February.
Quoting JoyceLynn:

I'm Joyce, mother to 3 sons, the oldest is Type I and 10 yrs old.  Austin was 7 (June 2005) when we found out & it was right in the middle of a bad divorce too.  Justin is 7 yrs old now & enrolled in a medical study where he goes to the Dr. for tests on every other appt. for Austin.  So far, he shows no signs of it & since my baby (5 mo.) has a different dad, the chances are really slim for him.

Austin & Justin's dad has had Type I since we were in high school so we always knew it'd be a possibility.  I've just always thought it's equally as hard on the parents to have to watch their child have to go through this because we're the ones they lean on for support.

THANKS soo much for sending me the invite to this group!!!
bennysmama1009
by on Jun. 26, 2008 at 10:01 PM
hey mamas!! i'm kelly, mom to ben who is 20 months. ben was dxd at 13 months on thanksgiving day 2007------UGH, turkey will never be the same!! lol...
i am HAPPILY married to beau--the best husband in the whole world (in my opinion : ) and we live in wild and wonderful west virginia!!!!

we'll be walking for a cure in september in pittsburgh, pa....

Luv2sisgourmet
by New Member on Jun. 27, 2008 at 1:49 AM
The rapid growth of this group just goes to show you how this disease affects so many.

I have stepson who has type 1 and was diagnosed at age 10. It has been rough but we adjusted. I have learned so much about this disease and the truth and myths associated with it.

Like many of you, i have learned to become part doctor, part nurse, part nutritionist and all advocate all the time. I often look back on my stepsons diagnosis and wonder how hard it must've been for him. Then I see some of your small children being amazingly brave and couragous and know each child with diabetes type 1 or 2 faces a huge challenge.

Keep up the good work Moms!

-Shelby
KaraVitaDiane
by Member on Jun. 27, 2008 at 2:48 AM
I'm Diane, mom of 2, stepmom of 1 (25 yr/o), introduced to the big D in Jan 2004, when my stepdaughter Mandy was dx, 2 months after her 21st b-day.
In Jan 2005 (MLK day to be exact), my Samantha was dx'd at 8 1/2 y/o, and I had to learn even more about this challenging disease. 

As a family, we deal with multiple medical issues, besides diabetes: I have Crohn's Disease (22 years and 2 surgeries), my husband George has bipolar disorder/major depression (major episode last fall, still trying to resolve & recover), and my son Danny has ADHD, with the H being the big factor!!  I also work part-time at the hospital- whoever said secretaries had it easy never worked at St. Joe's- help coach Sam's basketball team in season, am Girl Scout leader for Sam's troop, and try to keep my sanity by squeezing in some scrapbooking whenever I can.

Thanks for the invite!
nonabear
by on Jun. 27, 2008 at 3:59 AM
Hi everyone,
My name is Jo and I live in Perth, Western Australia. I have joined this group because I was invited and also because I am a type1. I was diagnosed at 38, and I am now 53.

Diabetes is an awful disease, but with love, care and support, we can live good lives.
I would love to hear from other Mums and GrandMoms who are also diabetic or just anyone else who would like to make contact.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)